upload file to GPSbabel

Elizabeth White
Hello....
Just downloaded GPSbabel to store tracks that I lay and my search dog-in-training runs, as I will soon run out of room on my phone.  At the moment I'm recording them via an Android phone app called Dog Tracks.  The finished pair of tracks is stored as a gpx file; I sent it from my phone to my email, then downloaded it.  When I try to open it in GPSbabel I get an error code:

Cannot open 'tracks.gpx' for read. Error was 'No such file or directory'.Error running gpsbabel: Process exited unsucessfully with code 1.

I don't know which file to choose for Input format; it doesn't list just gpx files, so I chose gpx xml.  Did the same for Output.  Waypoints, Routes, and Tracks are all checked.

Thanks in advance.

PLEASE MICROCHIP ALL YOUR PETS!
K9 Maggie, and puppy-in-training Grace
Terrier Power Tracking