Quantcast

unicsv ERROR: 'fields=lat+lon+name' is an unknown option to unicsv.

unicsv ERROR: 'fields=lat+lon+name' is an unknown option to unicsv.

pizzipie
Anyone know why I'm getting this error?

gpsbabel -i unicsv,fields=lat+lon+name -f routes.csv -x transform,rte=wpt -o gpx -F route.gpx

Produces 'fields=lat+lon+name' is an unknown option to unicsv.

Re: unicsv ERROR: 'fields=lat+lon+name' is an unknown option to unicsv.

tsteven4-2
I can't reproduce this with the head of our git repository.  What
version are you running?

I can reproduce it if I misspell fields

On 2/2/2016 2:35 PM, pizzipie wrote:

> Anyone know why I'm getting this error?
>

> gpsbabel -i unicsv,fields=lat+lon+name -f routes.csv -x transform,rte=wpt -o
> gpx -F route.gpx
>
> Produces *'fields=lat+lon+name' is an unknown option to unicsv.*

Re: unicsv ERROR: 'fields=lat+lon+name' is an unknown option to unicsv.

fields option was added after 1.5.2 was cut.  It was added on
11/12/2015.  You need to use 1.5.3 or newer.

On 2/2/2016 2:35 PM, pizzipie wrote:

> Anyone know why I'm getting this error?
>

> gpsbabel -i unicsv,fields=lat+lon+name -f routes.csv -x transform,rte=wpt -o
> gpx -F route.gpx
>
> Produces *'fields=lat+lon+name' is an unknown option to unicsv.*

Re: unicsv ERROR: 'fields=lat+lon+name' is an unknown option to unicsv.

pizzipie
Thanks for the reply,

I checked and I have v 1.4.3 which I installed from Ubuntu 14.04. I'll get the newer vwrsion.

Re: unicsv ERROR: 'fields=lat+lon+name' is an unknown option to unicsv.

pizzipie
OK, Now I have the linux download of gpsbabel-1.5.3.

Where do I find CLEAR directions on how to install this.

Ubuntu has only version 1.4.3 so can't upgrade with that.

Re: unicsv ERROR: 'fields=lat+lon+name' is an unknown option to unicsv.

Manuel Kaufmann
El 04/02/16 a las 11:33, pizzipie escribió:
> Where do I find CLEAR directions on how to install this.

This is what I did in Ubuntu:

sudo apt-get install libqt4-core libqt4-dev
./configure && make

./gpsbabel

Cheers!

--

Kaufmann Manuel
-- http://elblogdehumitos.com.ar/

Re: unicsv ERROR: 'fields=lat+lon+name' is an unknown option to unicsv.

Robert Lipe-4
Thanx, Manuel.

That's the condensed version of the #1 hit on Google Search for 'building GPSBabel from Source'

As for your distribution providing you with ancient version, that's between you and them.

On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 11:21 AM, Manuel Kaufmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
El 04/02/16 a las 11:33, pizzipie escribió:
> Where do I find CLEAR directions on how to install this.

This is what I did in Ubuntu:

sudo apt-get install libqt4-core libqt4-dev
./configure && make

./gpsbabel

Cheers!

--

Kaufmann Manuel
-- http://elblogdehumitos.com.ar/

Re: unicsv ERROR: 'fields=lat+lon+name' is an unknown option to unicsv.

pizzipie
Thank you Manuel and Robert,

I downloaded gpsbabel-1.5.3.tar.gz, and installed liqt4-core and -liqt4-dev

I then un-zipped this and ran ./configure&&make. Didn't work!!

Here is what I got:

g++  -g -O2 -Wall -c   -I. -I/usr/include/qt4  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DNEW_STRINGS session.cc -o session.o
g++  -g -O2 -Wall -c   -I. -I/usr/include/qt4  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DNEW_STRINGS src/core/xmlstreamwriter.cc -o src/core/xmlstreamwriter.o
g++  -g -O2 -Wall -c   -I. -I/usr/include/qt4  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DNEW_STRINGS src/core/usasciicodec.cc -o src/core/usasciicodec.o
g++  -g -O2 -Wall -c   -I. -I/usr/include/qt4  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DNEW_STRINGS src/core/ziparchive.cc -o src/core/ziparchive.o
In file included from ./zlib/contrib/minizip/zip.h:54:0,
                 from ./src/core/ziparchive.h:24,
                 from src/core/ziparchive.cc:22:
./zlib/contrib/minizip/ioapi.h:46:18: fatal error: zlib.h: No such file or directory
 #include "zlib.h"
                  ^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [src/core/ziparchive.o] Error 1

I have a vague idea of what i'm doing but that is all.

Hope you can help explain this to me .

Thanks, R

    ./gpsbabel

El 04/02/16 a las 18:25, pizzipie escribió:
> ./zlib/contrib/minizip/ioapi.h:46:18: fatal error: zlib.h: No such file or
> directory
>   #include "zlib.h"

You don't have "zlib" installed in your system. I'm not sure the name of
the package, I just checked what I have installed and seems to be this
one: zlib1g-dev

So install it:

sudo apt-get install zlib1g-dev

and try again.

Maybe it will fail again because of another dependency that I'm not
listing here. I have a lot of things installed in my system and I don't
know what gpsbabel depends on exactly.

See you,

--

Kaufmann Manuel
-- http://elblogdehumitos.com.ar/

Re: unicsv ERROR: 'fields=lat+lon+name' is an unknown option to unicsv.

tsteven4-2
I think this is a recently introduced bug.  By default we should be
using the zlib included in gpsbabel, and using that zlib.h, not one from
the system.

As a workaround I would recommend
./configure CPPFLAGS=-I./zlib&&make