track filtering: Synthesize speed - algorithm for distance

track filtering: Synthesize speed - algorithm for distance

Schach, Christian

Hi at all,

I have a track which is based on synthetic data using a constant speed. If I omit the speed and use the GPS-Babel track-filtering „speed“-option for synthesize speed there is some slight difference. I think it’s because of the distance calculation. So my question is: Which algorithm is used in GPS-Babel to calculate the distance or in which source file can I find the implementation?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Christian

Re: track filtering: Synthesize speed - algorithm for distance

tsteven4-2
the haversine formula is implemented in grtcirc.cc as gcdist().  You can see it being invoked in trackfilter.cc.

I would be more suspicious of time, we have had a number of issues recently with changes to the way we represent time.

vanity: www.gigenet.com