reverse-engineering National Geographic TPO format

reverse-engineering National Geographic TPO format

Steve Chamberlin
Hi everyone,

Has anyone already looked into reverse-engineering the National
Geographic TPO format for gpsbabel? I saw a few old messages about it,
but it looks as though no one has attempted it yet. I've started the
work of doing it myself, and in fact I have most of the file structure
deciphered, but there are a few points abouts units and things where I'm
still unsure of the interpretation. If anyone else has looked into the
internals of this format before, I'd love to compare notes.

Thanks!

Re: reverse-engineering National Geographic TPO format

Clinton Keith
Haven't looked at it, but if you get that working I know a bunch of people
that will raise a statue in your honor!

> Has anyone already looked into reverse-engineering the National Geographic
> TPO format for gpsbabel? I saw a few old messages about it, but it looks
> as though no one has attempted it yet. I've started the work of doing it
> myself, and in fact I have most of the file structure deciphered, but
> there are a few points abouts units and things where I'm still unsure of
> the interpretation. If anyone else has looked into the internals of this
> format before, I'd love to compare notes.
>
> Thanks!

Re: reverse-engineering National Geographic TPO format

Steve Chamberlin
I've been making some good progress on deciphering the TPO format, so I
may have to hold you to that statue promise! :-)