Quantcast

problem with ddmmss

dena

Hello

I am trying to use the program to make gpx route or waypoint files from text file.

This is the example data I want to convert:

683549N 0232713E - 682714N 0240037E - 680712N 0232248E - 681200N 0231335E - 682009N 0230125E - 682050N 0225911E - 683549N 0232713E

I copied it to a textfile and modified it to this format:

"068.3549N 0023.2713E"
"068.2714N 0024.0037E"
"068.0712N 0023.2248E"
"068.1200N 0023.1335E"
"068.2009N 0023.0125E"
"068.2050N 0022.5911E"
"068.3549N 0023.2713E"

Now the program understands it, sort of. The problem being, the format should be "dd,mm,ss" but the program understands it as "dd.dddd"

Please help

Best regards

Dennis

Re: problem with ddmmss

Tom Grundy

Cancel that, sorry I did not look at the actual numbers at all.

So it looks like the output you wrote >>is<< in the expected syntax of D.d.  Are you asking what the expected syntax of DMS is?

On Dec 3, 2015 8:50 AM, "Tom Grundy" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Yes, the syntax for both DD.MM.SS and DD.MM.MM is what im looking for and would be very much appreciated !

Regards
Dennis

Re: problem with ddmmss

tsteven4-2
One way to do what you want is to modify your input to look like shown
below and use the unicsv input format.

~/work/gc/gpsbabel% cat x.csv
lat,lon
068 35 49N, 023 27 13E
068 27 14N, 024 00 37E
068 07 12N, 023 22 48E
068 12 00N, 023 13 35E
068 20 09N, 023 01 25E
068 20 50N, 022 59 11E
068 35 49N, 023 27 13E
~/work/gc/gpsbabel% ./gpsbabel -i unicsv -f x.csv
68.596944N 23.453611E WPT001/WPT001
68.453889N 24.010278E WPT002/WPT002
68.120000N 23.380000E WPT003/WPT003
68.200000N 23.226389E WPT004/WPT004
68.335833N 23.023611E WPT005/WPT005
68.347222N 22.986389E WPT006/WPT006
68.596944N 23.453611E WPT007/WPT007

Re: problem with ddmmss

tsteven4-2
and if DD MM.MM is what your input is in then