.plt files?

Steyn Theron
Dear subscribers

Please could someone explain why I cannot convert files from .plt format
created in oziexplorer on my PC into .igc format for use in flight track? Is
this not possible? (Tracks were downloaded from Garmin eMap on serial cable
on old pc.)

Now I have a MAC and would like to still see those tracks on the new
software.

Greetings

S Theron

Re: .plt files?

Robert Lipe
Steyn Theron wrote:

> Please could someone explain why I cannot convert files from .plt format
> created in oziexplorer on my PC into .igc format for use in flight track? Is

Generically, I can't think of a reason.

Assuming this isn't rhetorical question and is instead a problem report,
we won't make much progress without sample data files and the precise
command line you used to do the conversion.

If I create an ozi track file from one of our samples:
  gpsbabel -t -i gpx -f reference//track/pathaway.gpx -o ozi -F blah

and then convert that file to IGC:

  gpsbabel -t -i ozi -f blah.plt -o igc -F igcblah

I get what appears to be a plausable looking IGC file:

$ head igcblah
AXXXZZZGPSBabel
HFDTE311289
HFPLTPILOT:Unknown