make problem with usb_interrupt_read

Scout-4
Running "make" on gpsbabel-1.2.6 on a Red Hat Linux system, I get the
following error:

jeeps/gpslibusb.o(.text+0x17c): In function `gusb_cmd_get':
jeeps/gpslibusb.c:108: undefined reference to `usb_interrupt_read'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [gpsbabel] Error 1

Any suggestions?

--
Scout

Re: make problem with usb_interrupt_read

Robert Lipe
Scout wrote:
> Running "make" on gpsbabel-1.2.6 on a Red Hat Linux system, I get the
> following error:
>
> jeeps/gpslibusb.o(.text+0x17c): In function `gusb_cmd_get':
> jeeps/gpslibusb.c:108: undefined reference to `usb_interrupt_read'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

You must have libusb (or libusb-devel; I can't recall what RH called it)
installed or you wouldn't have gotten that far.  You must have an old
libusb that doesn't have usb_interrupt_read.  I think I recall it not
being present in RH8 or RH9 or something like that.

If you care about Garmin/USB support, install a current libusb.

If you don't care about Garmin/USB, 'make clean' then 'make usbfree'.

(Yes, I really should write this up somewhere.)

RJL wrote:
> If you care about Garmin/USB support, install a current libusb.
> If you don't care about Garmin/USB, 'make clean' then 'make usbfree'.

Thanks. I recompiled successfully 'usbfree'. For my immediate purposes,
that's all I need. And I now know what it will take to build the full
product.

--
Scout

Re: make problem with usb_interrupt_read

Doug Sayles
Robert Lipe wrote:
Scout wrote:

Running "make" on gpsbabel-1.2.6 on a Red Hat Linux system, I get the
following error:

jeeps/gpslibusb.o(.text+0x17c): In function `gusb_cmd_get':
jeeps/gpslibusb.c:108: undefined reference to `usb_interrupt_read'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

You must have libusb (or libusb-devel; I can't recall what RH called it)
installed or you wouldn't have gotten that far.  You must have an old
libusb that doesn't have usb_interrupt_read.  I think I recall it not
being present in RH8 or RH9 or something like that.

If you care about Garmin/USB support, install a current libusb.

If you don't care about Garmin/USB, 'make clean' then 'make usbfree'.

(Yes, I really should write this up somewhere.)

Just FYI, every dep that you need to properly compile under F/RH is labeled the "-devel" package.

--
Doug
----