gpx writer changed

Robert Lipe
I've changed the GPX writer to better recognize the symmetry between
trackpoints, waypoints, and routepoints and to commonize that output
in one place.  In doing so, I did regenerate a couple of the reference
files for IGC and TEF becuase we now display additional (albeit
frequently redundant) information that was omitted before by sheer
oversight.

I've also added the DOP's for all types (readers to come soon) and
course and speed for trackpoints.  This is to grease the rails for Vito
and a few other formats that can express this stuff.

--
Support GPSBabel by helping to improve it or fund those that that have
done so.  Visit:

        http://sourceforge.net/donate/index.php?group_id=58972

Re: gpx writer changed

Robert Lipe
Robert Lipe wrote:

> I've also added the DOP's for all types (readers to come soon) and

Done.   Tested.  Committed.

That should make the vitosmt reader play nicely with something as
simple as setting

        wpt_tmp->course = heading;
        wpt_tmp->speed = speed;
        wpt_tmp->pdop = dop;

inside vitosmt. (Well, if speed happens to be meters per seconds and
degrees is degrees true.)

Re: gpx writer changed

Ron Parker-2
Robert Lipe wrote:

>I've also added the DOP's for all types (readers to come soon) and
>course and speed for trackpoints.  This is to grease the rails for Vito
>and a few other formats that can express this stuff.

Cetus does PDOP, HDOP, VDOP, and type of fix.  Just a heads-up.

Re: gpx writer changed

Robert Lipe
> >I've also added the DOP's for all types (readers to come soon) and
> >course and speed for trackpoints.  This is to grease the rails for Vito
> >and a few other formats that can express this stuff.

I've just wrenched the GPX fondling out of vito and added fix and sat
to both struct waypt and the GPX reader/writer.  I also regenerated the
vito GPX reference files so these files validate once again.  Order
counts.

> Cetus does PDOP, HDOP, VDOP, and type of fix.  Just a heads-up.

Do you have a Cetus track file handy that has this data?   I don't mind
adding it, but I need a sample.

Oh, and thanx for the Google fix, Ron.

Re: gpx writer changed

Ron Parker-2
At 10:49 AM 6/30/2005, Robert Lipe wrote:
> > Cetus does PDOP, HDOP, VDOP, and type of fix.  Just a heads-up.
>
>Do you have a Cetus track file handy that has this data?   I don't mind
>adding it, but I need a sample.

Not a track file; you need a waypoint file.  I'll see if I have any around,
but I don't use Cetus anymore and don't even have a way to do so (since my
current Palm doesn't have a serial port.)  Unfortunately, the one in
reference is an output file from Babel, so has default values in those
positions.

Perhaps I could ask on the Cetus mailing list if I can't find an example
of my own.

>Oh, and thanx for the Google fix, Ron.

Whelx.  I was up anyway, so thought I might as well do something productive
while the dogs did whatever it is dogs do at 5:30 in the morning.