gpsbabel on Android including Garmin USB

gpsbabel on Android including Garmin USB

Jochen Sprickerhof
Hi,

I've compiled and tested gpsbabel on Android using the script attached,
maybe someone will find this useful. I've only tested it on a Samsung
Galaxy S2 with Cyanogenmod 10.1 and with a Garmin etrex Vista HCx. To
access USB, you need root. Also I guess you need USB-OTG.

Also gpsbabel contains outdated config.{guess,sub}. I'm replacing it
with newer version in the script, but I guess it would be better to
remove it from the svn and add an up to date version on release.

Cheers Jochen

gpsbabel-android.sh (2K) Download Attachment

Re: gpsbabel on Android including Garmin USB

Robert Lipe-4
Thanx.  I've always thought that should work, but never tried it.   Given how dicey OTG support is in Android, I probably won't promote it as a first-class/supported thing, but it's good to know that it does indeed work.

I also pulled config.{guess,sub} from a later automake.   Every time I look at those files, I get bad flashbacks to the days of a thousand UNIX stains and the era when architecture wars were still interesting.  I'll be happy to never see another AMD29K, M88k, or other trivial-pursuit winning architectures again.

On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 4:43 PM, Jochen Sprickerhof <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I've compiled and tested gpsbabel on Android using the script attached,
maybe someone will find this useful. I've only tested it on a Samsung
Galaxy S2 with Cyanogenmod 10.1 and with a Garmin etrex Vista HCx. To
access USB, you need root. Also I guess you need USB-OTG.

Also gpsbabel contains outdated config.{guess,sub}. I'm replacing it
with newer version in the script, but I guess it would be better to
remove it from the svn and add an up to date version on release.

Cheers Jochen

Re: gpsbabel on Android including Garmin USB

guser1
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.