from universal CSV format to GPX

Alessandro Attanasi
Hi all,
I'm starting palying with GPSBabel. I have a file in CSV format with a lot of trajectory inside. I was not able to find a way with GPSBabel to convert this file into GPX format properly. What I was able to do is to create a file containing just one trajectory with the points of all trajectory together. It seam s that I was not able to tell to GPSBabel how to manage the fact that into the CSV file there are many trajectories.

My input file header is:

Trajectory ID, point ordinal number, Lat, Lon, Time

And into the UCSV header I wrote

Name,No,Lat,Lon,Date

producing just one single track.

Is there a way to have a GPX file with multiple <trk>?

The documentation on the we page says:

Universal csv with field structure in first line (unicsv)

This format can...

  • read and write waypoints

  • read and write tracks

  • read and write routes

but I failed doing that.

Thanks
Regards
Alessandro

--

PhD Alessandro Attanasi

SISTeMA Srl - PTV Group

Phone +39 0644585150
Mobile +39 3297140567

Fax +39 06 993 34872
Via Eudossiana, 18 - 00184 Roma

[hidden email]
www.sistemaits.com

facebook.com/sistemaits
linkedin.com/SISTeMA

Re: from universal CSV format to GPX

Robert Lipe-4
If "trajectory" means "track" or "track segments" and you're asking if you can represent multiples in one unicsv file, the answer is "no".

Alternatives are to split into multiple files and then read all in one shot or merge later or just to hand-edit the GPX to add trkseg/trk closing and opening tags manually.

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 7:42 AM, Alessandro Attanasi <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Phone <a href="tel:%2B39%200644585150" value="+390644585150" target="_blank">+39 0644585150
Mobile <a href="tel:%2B39%203297140567" value="+393297140567" target="_blank">+39 3297140567

Fax +39 06 993 34872
Via Eudossiana, 18 - 00184 Roma

[hidden email]
www.sistemaits.com

facebook.com/sistemaits
linkedin.com/SISTeMA

Re: from universal CSV format to GPX

Gary Turner-6
Perhaps by splitting your csv file automatically at a trajectory boundary using some scripting language?
If the trajectories are in order, it should be very easy to find and split at point 0/1, and reinject the header onto each file.

On 29/09/15 07:27, Robert Lipe wrote:
[...]

Phone <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:%2B39%200644585150" value="+390644585150" target="_blank">+39 0644585150
Mobile <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:%2B39%203297140567" value="+393297140567" target="_blank">+39 3297140567

Fax +39 06 993 34872
Via Eudossiana, 18 - 00184 Roma

[hidden email]
www.sistemaits.com

facebook.com/sistemaits
linkedin.com/SISTeMA

Re: from universal CSV format to GPX

Erik Krause
Am 28.09.2015 um 14:42 schrieb Alessandro Attanasi:
> What I was able to do is to create a
> file containing just one trajectory with the points of all trajectory
> together.

If there are distince time intervals between the tracks perhaps you
could split them with the gpsbabel split option:
http://www.gpsbabel.org/htmldoc-development/filter_track.html

--
Erik Krause
Herchersgarten 1