exporting .gpx waypoints

Eddie Arni
Hi, I'm using Viking and FoxtrotGPS on a system running Ubuntu 14.04 with a Garmin Etrex 30 Gps. What I'd like to do is, generate waypoints on Viking / Foxtrot, then export them to my GPS. Thus far I have been able to create tracks on Viking and export it to desktop, then in a separate step upload the .gpx file to my GPS unit. But I can't seem to find a way to do this with waypoints.

The reason i'm doing this is, I am presently bike touring Europe. Sometimes I find somewhere I'd like to visit on Google maps, or OSM via Viking, and I'd like to make a waypoint of the location, convert it to .gpx then load it onto my GPS unit so I can visit it later. If you have any idea what it's like to find your way around Europe, you know how it can be easiest to simply have the waypoint on the GPS then find your way there via the maze of roads. It's more fun that way too.

Any advice appreciated!

--
"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."

-Donald Rumsfeld

Re: exporting .gpx waypoints

Robert Lipe-4
This question seems like it may have been intended for Viking/Foxtrot team as GPSBabel doesn't appear in your question.

Actually, I can't even really find a question in your question. :-)