csv to gpx conversion

Jonathan Potts

Hi there

I’m new to this and trying to convert Flytrex gps data within a .csv file to a .gpx file using gpsbabel, but I keep getting the following error when trying to, can you tell me why?

gpsbabel -w -r -t -i unicsv -f /Users/Avideditor/Documents/UAS/Flytrex/flytrextest2b.csv -x simplify,count=300 -o gpx -F /Users/Avideditor/Documents/UAS/Flytrex/From GPS BABEL/FromGPSBabelTest2.gpx

unicsv: Could not parse date string (15/05/15).

Error running gpsbabel: Process exited unsucessfully with code 1

Many thanks

Jonathan

Re: csv to gpx conversion

tsteven4-2
Jonathan,

Based on the values and the separators we are trying to guess the order of month, date, and year.  In this case our guess doesn't make sense.

if the separator is a -, or the first number is > 99 then we assume year, month, day
else if the separator is a . we assume day, month, year
otherwise we assume month, day, year.

so in your case we think the order is month, day, year and we don't like months > 12.

So you can change the separator from "/" to "-" or "." depending on what is correct, or use the xcsv format with a style file.

Steve

On 5/21/2015 9:02 AM, Jonathan Potts wrote:

Hi there

I’m new to this and trying to convert Flytrex gps data within a .csv file to a .gpx file using gpsbabel, but I keep getting the following error when trying to, can you tell me why?

gpsbabel -w -r -t -i unicsv -f /Users/Avideditor/Documents/UAS/Flytrex/flytrextest2b.csv -x simplify,count=300 -o gpx -F /Users/Avideditor/Documents/UAS/Flytrex/From GPS BABEL/FromGPSBabelTest2.gpx

unicsv: Could not parse date string (15/05/15).

Error running gpsbabel: Process exited unsucessfully with code 1

Many thanks

Jonathan

http://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/290420510;117567292;y

Re: csv to gpx conversion