commandline options -l and -c not working

commandline options -l and -c not working

Paul Rosenkranz

Dear Sir,

dear Madam,

I’m using gpsbabel 1.5.2 with a 64-Bit version of Windows 8.1. I tried to use this exe in a python program by importing gpsbabel 1.1.1 installed via pip.

There is a very dramatic problem with command line parameters –l and –c of gpsbabel.exe as these result in “Unknown option ‘-l’” messages when used in cmd.exe (both with admin rights and without). The gpsbabel python library uses –l to gather a list of all charsets and –c for setting the desired charset for the next operation which is by default “UTF-8”.

I’m not quite sure if the misc channel is quite right, I will ask the same question there if asked to.

Thanks in advance,
Paul Rosenkranz

Snizek + Partner VP GmbH

Paul Rosenkranz, MSc • [hidden email] • +43 1 8766811-21

Snizek + Partner Verkehrsplanungs GmbH
Ingenieurbüro für Verkehrswesen und Verkehrswirtschaft
A 1130 Wien, Bergenstammgasse 7 • www.snizek.at
T +43 1 8766811 • F +43 1 8766814 • E [hidden email]
Sitz Wien • FN 311932z • HG Wien • GF DI Gunter Stocker

Re: commandline options -l and -c not working

Robert Lipe-4

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 8:28 AM, Paul Rosenkranz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear Sir,

dear Madam,

I’m using gpsbabel 1.5.2 with a 64-Bit version of Windows 8.1. I tried to use this exe in a python program by importing gpsbabel 1.1.1 installed via pip.

GPSBabel 1.1.1 is > 10 years old.

There is a very dramatic problem with command line parameters –l and –c of gpsbabel.exe as these result in “Unknown option ‘-l’” messages when used in cmd.exe (both with admin rights and without). The gpsbabel python library uses –l to gather a list of all charsets and –c for setting the desired charset for the next operation which is by default “UTF-8”.

-c and -l were dropped a while back as they were never really needed; each format knows the character set it needs to use.  I see they weren't dropped from the command line help. I'll remove those now.

RJL

I’m not quite sure if the misc channel is quite right, I will ask the same question there if asked to.

Thanks in advance,
Paul Rosenkranz

Snizek + Partner VP GmbH

Paul Rosenkranz, MSc • [hidden email] • +43 1 8766811-21

Snizek + Partner Verkehrsplanungs GmbH
Ingenieurbüro für Verkehrswesen und Verkehrswirtschaft
A 1130 Wien, Bergenstammgasse 7 • www.snizek.at
T <a href="tel:%2B43%C2%A01%C2%A08766811" value="+4318766811" target="_blank">+43 1 8766811 • F <a href="tel:%2B43%C2%A01%C2%A08766814" value="+4318766814" target="_blank">+43 1 8766814 • E [hidden email]
Sitz Wien • FN 311932z • HG Wien • GF DI Gunter Stocker