altering names of waypoints

Rob Blomquist
I know that I can use gpsbabel to use Cache names instead of waypoint names,
but I am not sure of the syntax.

I currently use this line in a script to upload to my Garmin 76 map:
gpsbabel -i gpx -f $i -o garmin -F /dev/ttyS0

Can I make that conversion while I upload to my Garmin? Where would I put the
code after gpx? or after garmin?

And how can I send the power off command to it? Like gpsbabel -o garmin
power_off -F /dev/ttyS0?

Rob

Re: altering names of waypoints

Robert Lipe
Rob Blomquist wrote:

> I currently use this line in a script to upload to my Garmin 76 map:
> gpsbabel -i gpx -f $i -o garmin -F /dev/ttyS0
>
> Can I make that conversion while I upload to my Garmin? Where would I
> put the code after gpx? or after garmin?

Since the arguments are processed left to right and you need the output
module to do it, it needs to be before the '-o garmin'.

gpsbabel -s -i gpx -f $i -o garmin -F /dev/ttyS0

> And how can I send the power off command to it?

gpsbabel -o garmin,power_off -F /dev/ttyS0?

Enjoy.

---
Support GPSBabel by helping to improve it or fund those that that have
done so.  Visit:

        http://sourceforge.net/donate/index.php?group_id=58972