Wrong command to convert GPX to KML?

Gilles
Hello

I must be doing something wrong when using GpsBabel to convert the following GPX file to KML:
http://wikisend.com/download/790912/Maitenon.gpx

1. The original GPX is 27KB while the output KML is 445KB
2. When importing the KML in Google, it's not displayed right
3. When using Gpx2Kml and importing the KML file in Google, the output looks fine.

Is this command wrong?

gpsbabel -i gpx -f Maitenon.gpx -o kml -F Maitenon.kml

Thank you.

Re: Wrong command to convert GPX to KML?

tsteven4-2
Your command works fine for me.  Both Maitenon.gpx and Maitenon.kml
validate.
The kml file looks fine in google earth to me.  The kml is ~430kB

If you want a less verbose kml file you can create one without the
individual points that make up the track.
gpsbabel -i gpx -f Maitenon.gpx  -o kml,points=0 -F Maitenon.kml
http://www.gpsbabel.org/htmldoc-development/fmt_kml.html