Quantcast

Unable to read Navilink mode

Magnus Braide
Thanks,
I tried it but still have the same problem and still get the same error message.
I see that the driver is designed for Mac OS 10.4 and forwards.
Is it possibly outdated?
Greetings
Magnus

Hello

Have your installed the latest GT31 USB Driver from LOCOSYS.

I think it is:   PL2303 Mac OS X driver v1.2.1r2, Prolific Edition

Here is the link:

Select the "GT-31 USB Driver for Mac

If you have any difficulties downloading, please let me know, and I will forward you a copy.

Thanks,

Craig Bergh
Worthington, MN

_______________

On Feb 7, 2016, at 10:37 AM, Magnus Braide <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,
I have changed computer and the new one runs OS 10.10.
GPSBabel is now not able to read the device in NaviLink mode (no problems with older computer running OS 10.6 and older version of GPSBabel).
No difference if I connect the device after starting the program (this was not possible before) and the same error message if I don’t connect the device at all.
Seems like the software is unable to find the device.

The error message reads:
gpsbabel -t -i navilink -f /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port -x track,fix=none,course -o gpx -F /Users/MagnusB/Eget/Windsurfing/GPS/Untitled.gpx
NAVILINK: Read error

Error running gpsbabel: Process exited unsucessfully with code 1

Do you have any ideas about what is going on?
Greetings
Magnus

Magnus Braide
Arsenalsgatan 8
411 20 Göteborg
Tel: 031-7117115
Mobil: 0703-502880

Magnus Braide
Arsenalsgatan 8
411 20 Göteborg
Tel: 031-7117115
Mobil: 0703-502880

Re: Unable to read Navilink mode

Robert Lipe-4
Probably. That "and forward" promise is always really hard with device drivers. I think Loco's contribution to this process is copying Prolific's driver, renaming it, then ignoring it.  I'd go to the source and try one from

http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowProduct.aspx?p_id=229&pcid=41

On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 2:28 PM, Magnus Braide <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thank you, that really helped. Prolific has a 10.10 compatible driver.
The software now shows a new input named USBserial and connects to the GPS logger.
Magnus