Track data not accessible, even if -t flag is used

Track data not accessible, even if -t flag is used

Kate Edwards
Hi,

I just installed gpsbabel-1.2.6_beta06082005 on a Windows XP machine.  I
recorded both track and waypoint data with a Garmin Vista C, which I then
converted into a gpx file using MapSource.  I'd like to convert the track
data in the gpx files into an easily-read format such as csv using gpsbabel.
  However, gpsbabel will only convert the waypoint information in the gpx
file, and not the track data, even though I am specifying the '-t' flag.
Here's what I enter at the command prompt of the windows 'run' window.

gpsbabel.exe -t -i gpx -f 06242005_track.gpx -o csv -F 06242005_track.csv

Even though I have the -t flag, the output file 06242005_track.csv contains
the waypoints and no track data.  How can I force gpsbabel to read the track
values?

Thanks,
Ke

Re: Track data not accessible, even if -t flag is used

Robert Lipe
> gpsbabel.exe -t -i gpx -f 06242005_track.gpx -o csv -F 06242005_track.csv
>
> Even though I have the -t flag, the output file 06242005_track.csv
> contains the waypoints and no track data.  How can I force gpsbabel to

Are you sure that 06242005_track.gpx contains track data?  (Pop it open
in your favorite text editor and see if you see "track stuff" of the
approximate shape of:

<trk>
<trkseg>
<trkpt lat="30.062183333" lon="-91.610350000">
<ele>1.000000</ele>
<time>2002-05-25T17:06:21Z</time>
</trkpt>
<trkpt lat="30.062783333" lon="-91.610566667">
<ele>0.000000</ele>

If I run

        gpsbabel -t -i gpx -f  reference/track/tracks.gpx -o csv -F  blah

the first five lines of blah are:

30.06218, -91.61035, RPT001
30.06278, -91.61057, RPT002
30.06270, -91.60827, RPT003
30.06233, -91.60738, RPT004
30.06153, -91.60528, RPT005

which is, I think, what you're saying you're not getting.

--
Support GPSBabel by helping to improve it or fund those that that have
done so.  Visit:

        http://sourceforge.net/donate/index.php?group_id=58972