Swiss map SMO files

Geoffrey Pocock
Hello

I have several Swiss map SMO files that do not open in the new editions of he Swiss Map software - sample attached.

Any way to convert these to Swiss Map XOL files?

Geoffrey Pocock

Derborence Croix de la Cha.smo (18K) Download Attachment

Re: Swiss map SMO files

Robert Lipe-4
Hi, Geoffrey.

This isn't a format we seem to support.  A motivated programmer (esp. one that knew if those numbers were swiss grid or just what; they don't seem to be WGS84 Lat/Longs) that owned a copy of Swiss Map could probably add it, since we're open source.

Is SMO the new XOL or did XOL replace SMO? Do you know the relationship between them?

RJL

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 9:51 AM, Geoffrey Pocock <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello

I have several Swiss map SMO files that do not open in the new editions of he Swiss Map software - sample attached.

Any way to convert these to Swiss Map XOL files?

Geoffrey Pocock

Re: Swiss map SMO files

Erik Krause
Am 25.09.2015 um 16:51 schrieb Geoffrey Pocock:
> Any way to convert these to Swiss Map XOL files?

Seems there is a software to convert swiss map overlay (smo) files:
http://www.satoshi.de/gps/

Found in http://www.naviboard.de/vb/showthread.php?t=8402

--
Erik Krause
Herchersgarten 1

Re: Swiss map SMO files

Geoffrey Pocock
Hello

Thank you for the link.

I have tried it but not yet got it to work.

Best Wishes

Geoffrey Pocock