Quantcast

Substitutess for Mapsource

Barry  Bryan
Substitutess for Mapsource MAPSOURCE has recently begun crashing at unpredictable times on my Win10 Laptop.  I've reinstalled it, to no avail.   And there has been to response from Garmin to error reports.   I hate the design of Basecamp; I work with individual trails (multiple tracks) and Basecamp insists on accumulating trails.  Yes, I can delete the accumulation but it's a pain to remember to do that every time I use it.

Anyone have a recommendation for an equivalent program?  I scanned the GPSBabel list, but didn't get a hit. The only requirement is to load GDB/GPX tracks and waypoints and display them against a map.  Displaying an elevation profile would be a plus.    I'd prefer an open source solution like GPSBabel, but am willing to purchase something workable.

Regards, Barry

Re: Substitutess for Mapsource

Giorgio Moscardi-2
Did you try GpsMaster?

G.
--
Sent from my iPhone

Il giorno 10 ott 2016, alle ore 14:33, Barry Bryan <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

Substitutess for Mapsource MAPSOURCE has recently begun crashing at unpredictable times on my Win10 Laptop.  I've reinstalled it, to no avail.   And there has been to response from Garmin to error reports.   I hate the design of Basecamp; I work with individual trails (multiple tracks) and Basecamp insists on accumulating trails.  Yes, I can delete the accumulation but it's a pain to remember to do that every time I use it.

Anyone have a recommendation for an equivalent program?  I scanned the GPSBabel list, but didn't get a hit. The only requirement is to load GDB/GPX tracks and waypoints and display them against a map.  Displaying an elevation profile would be a plus.    I'd prefer an open source solution like GPSBabel, but am willing to purchase something workable.

Regards, Barry

Re: Substitutess for Mapsource

Tom Grundy

Have you tried caltopo.com?

On Oct 10, 2016 5:56 AM, "Giorgio Moscardi" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Did you try GpsMaster?

G.
[...]

Fwd: Substitutess for Mapsource

Valter Gurfinkel
Did you try GPS TrackMaker?
It's a great free full-featured program for GPS devices.

Valter

Re: Substitutess for Mapsource

Ralf Horstmann
* Barry Bryan <[hidden email]> [2016-10-10 14:33]:
>    MAPSOURCE has recently begun crashing at unpredictable times on my
>    Win10 Laptop.  I've reinstalled it, to no avail.   And there has been
>    to response from Garmin to error reports.   I hate the design of
>    Basecamp; I work with individual trails (multiple tracks) and Basecamp
>    insists on accumulating trails.  Yes, I can delete the accumulation but
>    it's a pain to remember to do that every time I use it.
>    Anyone have a recommendation for an equivalent program?

I'd suggest to try viking: https://sourceforge.net/projects/viking/
It's open source and there is a Windows installer available.

Regards,
Ralf