Quantcast

Strange reduction of waypoints

Stefan Munder
Hello!

After updating my ubuntu box to 17.04 and gpsbabel to 1.5.3 I have a very strange behaviour.

Using the command
gpsbabel -i gpx -f 17861889_HarburgPQ.gpx -o gpx -F merge.gpx
the result (86 waypoiunts) is a lot smaller than the source (540 waypoints).

The both files aren't attached because of the size but I will provide them if needed.

I usually use scripts for building a single gpx file from a bunch of groundspeak pocket querys (geocaching), unziping them and merging them with gpsbabel. And this worked for some years. So I think there is an issue with gpsbabel 1.5.3, maybe new options or so?

Kind regards
Stefan Munder