Renault DVD GPS maps

Goran Vucurovic
Dear GPSBABEL team,

i have Renault Laguna 3, with Carminat GPS DVD Bluetooth system.
Maps for this system were provided from Navteq(Here) and Zenrin(Xanavi) is adapted these maps for Renault GPS system
These maps are not only for this Renault model, and they are used in Nissan and Infinty models.
Main problem for users of this system is that support for map update is ended during 2013, and users from Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia, Macedonia and Albania never got maps for their countries.
I tried different ways, but never succeeded to open maps *.dat format.
I have idea to convert Navteq maps for these countries and add it on DVD, if this is possible at all.
from the links bellow  you can download a few dat files, which is located in folder MAPAL001 on DVD.

I chooses smaller files, easier for upload and download.

Thank you and best regards

Re: Renault DVD GPS maps

Robert Lipe-4
Please see the first few sentences of gpsbabel.org.

GPSBabel does not convert, transfer, send, or manipulate maps. We process data that may (or may not be) placed on a map, such as waypoints, tracks, and routes.

RJL