Re: MacOS10.10 and NaviGPS GT-11

Robert Lipe-4

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 3:00 PM, Magnus Braide <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,
I recently upgraded my MacOS from 10.5 to 10.10 and replaced the old GPSBabel 1.4 by the new 1.5.2.
Now, there seems to be interface problems between the computer and the GPS device connected by the USB port.
The connection options proposed by the application do not include USB.
Are there any work arounds?
Greetings,
Magnus

We've not had any others reporting issues, but I suspect it's a rare combination.  I returned my NaviGPS before I upgraded to 10.10, so I can't confirm or deny a problem.

It seems like your USB driver was disabled or incompatible with the new OS.  (105->10.10 is a pretty big jump) Their download page seems pretty broken, but I'd try updating USB drivers from http://www.locosystech.com/product.php/product.php?zln=en&id=30

Craig, do you remember what USB/Serial adapter is in that device?  I'd like to document that at http://www.gpsbabel.org/htmldoc-development/fmt_navilink.html

Re: MacOS10.10 and NaviGPS GT-11

Craig Bergh
Hello,
GPS Babel works well under 10.8.
I have not tried 10.10.
I.do not think I have a good answer for you.
May I suggest saving your sbn or sbp or txt file to an sd card, and remove the card. Every file on the sd card can be identified by file name. The name includes user name, SN of Gps unit, date, and time of file recording.
Insert this sd card into a USB card adaptor and you can easily access on your computer (Mac or Windows), and use GPS Babel.
Thx
Craig

Sent from my iPhone

[...]

I also wanted to say that Locosys does not support or have a driver for Mac. I use primarily macs, so this is something I am encouraging them to support better.
I tend to download the file to the optional sd card, and then connect to my computer, Mac or windows, and then analyze using GPS Babel
I hope this answers any questions.
Thank you
Craig Bergh