Re: GPS Babel crashes

Peter Shepheard
Hi Steve and thanks for your response.

I tried yesterday to post a copy of one of my most recent problem gpx files but it is 1.4Mb and the system has rejected it awaiting approval from a moderator.
Since then I have tested several older files and they all have exactly the same problem.
Here is a copy of a smaller older file.

Peter

Peter,
can you provide a test case, e.g. the input file you were trying to simplify?

2014-07-23-Black-Water.gpx (300K) Download Attachment

Re: GPS Babel crashes

tsteven4-2
Peter,

You can probably workaround this by running the command line version from a terminal:
/Applications/GPSBabelFE 2.app/Contents/MacOS/ gpsbabel -w -r -t -i gpx -f 2014-07-23-Black-Water.gpx -x simplify,count=500 -o gpx -F output.gpx

I haven't been able to reproduce the error yet.

Steve