Question

CBShoe

Good morning GPSBabel,

I hope this isn't a stupid question, I am very new to GPS-ing.

Is there a way to use your amazing application to convert a GXP, CSV, XLS or JSON from iOverlander into a KML or KMZ so that it can be opened with MAPS.ME and retain all of the important information, i.e. what the bookmark is, mechanic, freecamp, hostel etc.

When I tried doing it and opened the KML in MAPS.ME I created it only showed bookmarks with a title, no extra info.

Basically I am trying to use iOverlander offline (in MAPS.ME).

Thanks very much for your assistance

Carl

Re: Question

Robert Lipe-4
Hi, and welcome.

We get few stupid questions, but a lot of incomplete ones. Providing sample data and commands issued and results obtained vs. results wanted would have made your question stronger and made it easier for the couple hundred of us on this list to help you.

I've never heard of iOverlander or maps.me. It's unlikely I'm the only one. By GXP, I think you mean GPX. But maybe I need to research something else. We support JSON in the release only experimentally (but more in the development head)  and XLS not at all. We have a couple of CSV formats, and "it didn't show everything" could easily turn into tens of hours of guessing. GPX and KML are both excellent output formats and kind of terrible input formats. Please show examples of good vs. bad of each as well as orginals of your source material so we can better help you.

Show us an example in GPSBabel that works really well.
Show us one that works badly.
Show the difference.

Offer supporting links to the apps, versions, flags used, etc.

Help us help you.