Procedure for transfer of files

Bryan George
Members,

I would like to get a procedure of exactly how one transfers data from the following hardware/software to the Lowrance GPS HDS10 Gen 1.

Original tracks taken on my I phone with Motion X -GPS Ver.21.1 Tracking marine movements and waypoints to be loaded onto a MacBook Air with Garmin Homepage and or Google Earth.

Taking the data/tracks/waypoints from Homepage and moving to GPS Babel Modified March 2 2014.

Then moving the tracks etc to my Lowrance HDS10 Gen 1

Any line by line procedure for this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Bryan

Re: Procedure for transfer of files

Robert Lipe-4
If http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/8699104/loading_coordinates_to_Lowranc is to be believed, that unit can take a .usr file.    http://support.motionx.com/faq/motionx-gps/importing-exporting-motionx-gps/ says it will write GPX.  So use GPSBabel to read the GPX and write Lowrance usr - you'll have to experiment (or research) to see if your GPS reads USR version 3 or 4.  See https://www.gpsbabel.org/htmldoc-1.5.1/fmt_lowranceusr4.html and https://www.gpsbabel.org/htmldoc-1.5.1/fmt_lowranceusr.html.

Google Earth will read GPX just fine - in fact, it uses a bundled copy of GPSBabel to do that task.