Problems with DG-200

Seb Ruiz
Hi all,

I recently bought a DG-200 device, and running it with gpsbabel I am receiving the following error:

seb@ion:~ $ /Applications/GPSBabelFE.app/Contents/MacOS/gpsbabel -t -D 5 -i dg-200 -o gpx /dev/cu.usbserial outputfile.gpx
GPSBabel Version: 1.5.1
gbser_init("/dev/cu.usbserial")
Sent: a0 a2 00 03 bb 00 00 00 bb b0 b3
TX: Frame Start a0 a2 Payload_Len 0003 Cmd: getfileheader
Receiving dg100_recv_byte(): read timeout

Has anyone seen this issue before, and is anybody able to provide any suggestions on what I can do to debug/fix this issue?

FWIW, I am running OS X Yosemite beta...

Thanks and kind regards,
Seb

Re: Problems with DG-200

tsteven4-2
I have no experience with this device, but http://www.gpsbabel.org/htmldoc-1.5.1/fmt_dg-200.html suggests that there may be a problem with the prolific OSX driver:
The DG-200 provides a physical USB interface to the host computer, but internally it uses a Prolific PL-2303 chip to do this. So you must have drivers installed on your computer to recognize the PL-2303 and provide that data as a serial port to software like GPSBabel. Such software comes with the unit for Windows. Prolific provides software for Mac OS/X, but unfortunately their driver has a defect which makes it unstable with GPSBabel.

Sent: a0 a2 00 03 bb 00 00 00 bb b0 b3
TX: Frame Start a0 a2 Payload_Len 0003 Cmd: getfileheader
Receiving dg100_recv_byte(): read timeout

Has anyone seen this issue before, and is anybody able to provide any suggestions on what I can do to debug/fix this issue?

FWIW, I am running OS X Yosemite beta...

Thanks and kind regards,
Seb

Infragistics Professional
Build stunning WinForms apps today!