Problem with uploading a gpx to my Garmin eTrex VISTA HCx

Problem with uploading a gpx to my Garmin eTrex VISTA HCx

Schneck Dennis CIS SDE

Hello,

i use: Manjaro Linux (64bit), an installed the gpslabel Version 1.5.1 from the repo.

Then I downloaded a gpx route from: http://www.outdooractive.com/de/tourenplaner/

Try to upload it with:

sudo gpsbabel -i gpx -f Schopfloch_Friedrichshafen.gpx -o garmin -F usb:

Now error message, but the route is not on the Device

user1@localhost garmin]$ lsusb

Bus 002 Device 031: ID 091e:0003 Garmin International GPS (various models)

What did I wrong ? Or is the gpx file the problem ?

I attached the debug output if it helps ?

Thanks

debug.txt (24K) Download Attachment

Re: Problem with uploading a gpx to my Garmin eTrex VISTA HCx

Schneck Dennis CIS SDE

sudo gpsbabel -r -i garmin –F myroute.gpx -o garmin -f usb:

on the Display i see: transfer complete

but no Route on the Device.

sudo gpsbabel -D9 -t -i garmin -f usb: -o gpx -F TP.gpx

works

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<gpx version="1.0" creator="GPSBabel - http://www.gpsbabel.org" xmlns="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/0">

  <time>2014-07-10T07:52:40.974Z</time>

  <bounds minlat="46.679949900" minlon="10.927281305" maxlat="46.815898921" maxlon="11.227824166"/>

  <trk>

    <trkseg>

Re: Problem with uploading a gpx to my Garmin eTrex VISTA HCx

Robert Lipe-4
Asking us about issues with another website is unproductive. We don't control gpsies.

If they provide data as tracks and you explicitly specify "use only routes", how do you expect this to play out?

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 1:20 AM, Schneck Dennis CIS SDE <[hidden email]> wrote:

Many thanks!

So i have to find out how to convert the gpx file from http://www.outdooractive.com/de/tourenplaner/

to a Route gpx.

I used the website: http://www.gpsies.com/convert.do?name=Konvertieren

sudo gpsbabel -r -i garmin -F schopfloch_friedrichshafen.gpx -o garmin -f usb:

but I did not work

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 1:40 AM, Schneck Dennis CIS SDE <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Asking us about issues with another website is unproductive. We don't control gpsies.

Sorry, do you know a tool that converts Tracks gpx to Routes gpx ?