Problem converting .loc file

Bob Cheeseburger
Greetings,

New users here. I have an old .loc file laying around and it appears that its in binary. I've tried to convert it as geocaching .loc to .txt but it just tells me "geo:Read error: Encountered incorrectly encoded content on line 1, col 1)".

If someone wants to have a look at the file, I can upload it at the following adress:

It doesn't matter what output format aslong as I can convert it to some more common format.

Re: Problem converting .loc file

Robert Lipe-4
Something like 15 years ago, EasyGPS had a .loc format that was binary.  We just so happen to support that, too, though you may be the first one in a Very Long Time to try.  I've not seen a binary loc in the wild in years.  Choose "easygps" instead of "loc".

http://www.gpsbabel.org/htmldoc-1.5.1/fmt_easygps.html

Even in 2001, Topografix was turning down binary loc.

http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=9528