OT: a receiver for osx

Torsten Curdt-2
Hi there!

I am currently looking into buying a gps receiver.

To me the garmin gpsmap 60 looks like a very good
candidate feature wise. But since garmin completely
ignores the osx platform I am a bit scared I don't
get it working properly.

As long as I get a non-proprietary log and the
waypoints across I am fine. But on the net I've read
horror stories that even their usb is not standard,
nmea maybe not being support etc.

Anyone some pointers? ...recommendations?

I know this is a bit OT so feel free to keep it
off the list ...but I figured this might be a good
place to meet people with some experience in this
area.

cheers
--
Torsten