OSX: Garmin Quest with gpsbabel?

nate-2
Will the USB only Garmin Quest work with gpsbabel under 10.4.x?
(using VPC)

thanks!

->nate

Re: OSX: Garmin Quest with gpsbabel?

Robert Lipe
nate wrote:
> Will the USB only Garmin Quest work with gpsbabel under 10.4.x?
> (using VPC)

I have heard exactly zero reports of success with any Garmin USB product
under VPC, but many failures.

If Garmin applied the same fixes to Quest's broken USB
implementation that they applied to the 60C/76C/VistaC/LegendC
units in June, then MacGPSBabel.  Looking at Quest on
http://www.garmin.com/support/download.jsp there's an update of about
the right vintage but it doesn't call out USB fixes.

My approach would be to give MacGPSBabel a shot and if it doesn't work,
nag Garmin to fix the Quest USB like they did the other products.

Please do report back with success or failure.

--
Support GPSBabel by helping to improve it or fund those that that have
done so.  Visit:

        http://sourceforge.net/donate/index.php?group_id=58972