OS System Upgrades

Ray Mooney
Is there a target date for when GPS Babel will be operable on the Windows 10 and MAC OSX 11 El Capitan?

SRE

Re: OS System Upgrades

SRE
At 06:51 AM 5/11/2016, Ray wrote:
>Is there a target date for when GPS Babel will be operable on the Windows 10

Have you tried compatibility mode? I just installed some 20-year-old software
on a Win10/Android dual-boot tablet. I had to let it try a couple of different
OS compatibility guesses, but since I originally bought this (mapping) software
for Windows NT it's pretty cool that every version of Windows for 20 years has
worked just fine... which is nice because DeLorme's newer version stinks! (IMHO)
Win7 was better than WinVista at running old software, and so far my testing
says Win10 is just as capable.

Right-click on the installer and choose "Troubleshoot Compatibility", then
follow the instructions and play around with the options. I bet it works.

Re: OS System Upgrades

Reiner Strapko

I am running GPSBabel 1.5.2 on 2 machines with Windows 10, 32-bit and 64-bit wthout any problems, but don't run it as administrator. Version 1.5.3 was running too, but not with my SkyTrac Logger, therefore I downgraded.

Reiner Strapko