Newbie help with syntax

Steve1807
I have a Meridian Color unit with Mapsend Direct Route NA (not) running on a Win XP SP2 machine.  I can't get Direct Route to run, so I would like to convert a (waypoint) .wpt file that I saved from Direct route onto my HD so that I can load it to my Meridian color using an SD card.  I've tried to get GPSbabel to work unsuccessfully so it must be my syntax.

If the file is named:   c:/gps/steve.wpt

Can anyone help with the correct way to set this up?  Can I use the GUI?

Re: Newbie help with syntax

> I have a Meridian Color unit with Mapsend Direct Route NA (not) running on a
> Win XP SP2 machine.  I can't get Direct Route to run, so I would like to
> convert a (waypoint) .wpt file that I saved from Direct route onto my HD so
> that I can load it to my Meridian color using an SD card.  I've tried to get
> GPSbabel to work unsuccessfully so it must be my syntax.
>
> If the file is named:   c:/gps/steve.wpt

gpsbabel -i mapsend -f c:/gps/steve.wpt -o magellan -F Q:blah

This assumes that your SD card is on your "Q:" drive.  (Which is
probably isn't...)

> Can anyone help with the correct way to set this up?  Can I use the GUI?

For this case, the GUI should work.   The key is that you're reading
MAPSEND files and writing a MAGELLAN file.   (With the benefit of
hindsight, I'd probably have picked different names...)