MotoACTV's CSV conversion

gangster
Hello everyone,

I tried to convert my CSV training file to .tcx but I failed. I used both window mode and command line mode. In first I've got message: "No valid waypoints/routes/track translation specified" and on the batch option I simply cannot make it because of the lack of motoactv.style file.

I use this command:

C:\Program Files (x86)\GPSBabel>gpsbabel -i xcsv,style=motoactv.style -f rawDataCsv.csv -x transform,trk=wpt -o gtrnctr,course=0 -F outfile.tcx
XCSV: Cannot open file 'motoactv.style'!

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
GPSBabel version: 1.5.1

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: MotoACTV's CSV conversion

tsteven4-2
For command line mode the manual is wrong!

Try "gpsbabel -i motoactv -f rawDataCsv.csv -x transform,trk=wpt -o gtrnctr,course=0 -F outfile.tcx"

I don't know what you did in "window mode", that may be an additional bug in the gui.

On 9/26/2014 3:49 AM, gangster wrote:
Hello everyone,

I tried to convert my CSV training file to .tcx but I failed. I used both window mode and command line mode. In first I've got message: "No valid waypoints/routes/track translation specified" and on the batch option I simply cannot make it because of the lack of motoactv.style file.

I use this command:

C:\Program Files (x86)\GPSBabel>gpsbabel -i xcsv,style=motoactv.style -f rawDataCsv.csv -x transform,trk=wpt -o gtrnctr,course=0 -F outfile.tcx
XCSV: Cannot open file 'motoactv.style'!

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
GPSBabel version: 1.5.1

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: MotoACTV's CSV conversion

tsteven4-2
1.  we expect slightly different fields, in a slightly different order.  This will cause some fields to be swapped with our released style.  I don't know if you can control the fields and order in your motoactv csv file.

The specific format of the csv file has changed over time, to add new data fields. The current version of the GPSBabel style specification expects to work with this ordered set of fields:

"DISTANCE","activity_id","HEARTRATE","SPEED","STEPS_PER_MINUTE", "LATITUDE","repetitions","temperature","INSTANT_TORQUE_CRANK", "timestamp_epoch","ELEVATION","POWER","STRIDES","wheel_torque", "CALORIEBURN","LONGITUDE","CADENCE","heading","STEP_RATE"

2. the latitudes and longitudes in your file (iCavnArs) are all zero.

3. We ignore STRIDES.  We don't track STRIDES or STRIDES_RATE with each waypoint.  Our garmin training center code doesn't know about them either.  One of the extensions used by our garmin training center code, http://www8.garmin.com/xmlschemas/ActivityExtensionv2.xsd, does have an element "Steps", but we don't use it.  I don't see any element for step rate.

4. You can write your own styles file.  Start with https://code.google.com/p/gpsbabel/source/browse/trunk/gpsbabel/style/motoactv.style.  I attached one such modification although you may need/want to modify it further.  Then to use your style file change the input format argument from "-i motoactv" to "-i xcsv,style=motoactvcustom.style", where "motoactvcustom.style" is the name of your style file.  See http://www.gpsbabel.org/htmldoc-1.5.1/Styles.html.

Steve

On 9/26/2014 10:42 AM, gangster wrote:
Thank you for your reply.

I tried this command and got a tcx file. But the tcx file has STRIDES and STRIDE_RATE values missing.

I don't know if tcx can has them but it would be nice to hear your opinion.

My CSV file looks like this: http://pastebin.com/iCavnArs

Dnia 26 września 2014 15:39 tsteven4 [hidden email] napisał(a):

[...]

Achieve PCI DSS 3.0 Compliant Status with Out-of-the-box PCI DSS
Reports
Are you Audit-Ready for PCI DSS 3.0 Compliance? Download White
paper
Comply to PCI DSS 3.0 Requirement 10 and 11.5 with EventLog
Analyzer

motoactvcustom.style (1K) Download Attachment

Re: MotoACTV's CSV conversion

Ackerman, Andrew
Ted. Pls remove from all future mailings. Somehow I got on this mailing list. Thx

Dnia 26 września 2014 15:39 tsteven4 <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;tsteven4@gmail.com&#39;);" target="_blank"><tsteven4@...> napisał(a):

[...]

Andrew Ackerman, M.S.
Social Scientist
Western Arctic National Parklands
Fairbanks Administrative Center
(907) 455-0643
BERING LAND BRIDGE NATIONAL PRESERVE | CAPE KRUSENSTERN NATIONAL MONUMENT | KOBUK VALLEY NATIONAL PARK | NOATAK NATIONAL PRESERVE