Quantcast

Microsoft Street & Trips Conversion Problem

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Microsoft Street & Trips Conversion Problem

Bansaj Pradhan
Hi,
I am trying to convert EST file to GPX.
I tried from GPS Babel GUI but the output is returning an empty GPX.
I tried from st2gpx CLI but it's returning me an error "System call returned error -1 Cannot open property file ......"


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Gpsbabel-misc mailing list http://www.gpsbabel.org
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, change list options, or see archives, visit:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gpsbabel-misc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Microsoft Street & Trips Conversion Problem

Robert Lipe-4
We've not supported .est in many years. After S&T learned about GPX - which was a few years before the product was dropped - interest in our EST reader fell through the floor. The later versions additionally changed .EST in incompatible ways, so we had to let it go.

I'd suggest finding someone with a copy of S&T that can read your .EST and use it to get to GPX.  

st2gpx has been dead for ten years or more.

RJL

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 2:21 AM, Bansaj Pradhan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to convert EST file to GPX.
I tried from GPS Babel GUI but the output is returning an empty GPX.
I tried from st2gpx CLI but it's returning me an error "System call returned error -1 Cannot open property file ......"


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Gpsbabel-misc mailing list http://www.gpsbabel.org
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, change list options, or see archives, visit:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gpsbabel-misc



------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Gpsbabel-misc mailing list http://www.gpsbabel.org
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, change list options, or see archives, visit:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gpsbabel-misc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Microsoft Street & Trips Conversion Problem

Bansaj Pradhan
When I used S&T 2013 to convert the EST file to GPX. It just gave an empty GPX with no co-ordinates. I tried in 2 different devices and also with new drawings but every time I got an a GPS which looked like this
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<gpx xmlns="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1" creator="Microsoft Streets &amp; Trips" version="1.1" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1 http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1/gpx.xsd"><metadata><name>b.gpx</name><desc>Data exported from Microsoft Streets &amp; Trips</desc><copyright author="Microsoft Streets &amp; Trips"><license>http://www.microsoft.com/streets</license></copyright><time>2016-08-17T09:51:14</time><keywords>b.gpx, Microsoft Streets &amp; Trips</keywords></metadata></gpx>
Is there any other alternative to convert the EST file to GPX?

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 10:42 PM, Robert Lipe <[hidden email]> wrote:
We've not supported .est in many years. After S&T learned about GPX - which was a few years before the product was dropped - interest in our EST reader fell through the floor. The later versions additionally changed .EST in incompatible ways, so we had to let it go.

I'd suggest finding someone with a copy of S&T that can read your .EST and use it to get to GPX.  

st2gpx has been dead for ten years or more.

RJL

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 2:21 AM, Bansaj Pradhan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to convert EST file to GPX.
I tried from GPS Babel GUI but the output is returning an empty GPX.
I tried from st2gpx CLI but it's returning me an error "System call returned error -1 Cannot open property file ......"


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Gpsbabel-misc mailing list http://www.gpsbabel.org
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, change list options, or see archives, visit:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gpsbabel-misc




------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Gpsbabel-misc mailing list http://www.gpsbabel.org
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, change list options, or see archives, visit:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gpsbabel-misc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Microsoft Street & Trips Conversion Problem

Robert Lipe-4
If S&T won't export their own files, that'a s bugreport to S&T. Unfortunately for you, since they've dropped support for their product, that bugreport is unliikely to get much traction.

Hopefully one of our hundreds of readers here will have a suggestion.



On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 12:06 AM, Bansaj Pradhan <[hidden email]> wrote:
When I used S&T 2013 to convert the EST file to GPX. It just gave an empty GPX with no co-ordinates. I tried in 2 different devices and also with new drawings but every time I got an a GPS which looked like this
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<gpx xmlns="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1" creator="Microsoft Streets &amp; Trips" version="1.1" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1 http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1/gpx.xsd"><metadata><name>b.gpx</name><desc>Data exported from Microsoft Streets &amp; Trips</desc><copyright author="Microsoft Streets &amp; Trips"><license>http://www.microsoft.com/streets</license></copyright><time>2016-08-17T09:51:14</time><keywords>b.gpx, Microsoft Streets &amp; Trips</keywords></metadata></gpx>
Is there any other alternative to convert the EST file to GPX?

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 10:42 PM, Robert Lipe <[hidden email]> wrote:
We've not supported .est in many years. After S&T learned about GPX - which was a few years before the product was dropped - interest in our EST reader fell through the floor. The later versions additionally changed .EST in incompatible ways, so we had to let it go.

I'd suggest finding someone with a copy of S&T that can read your .EST and use it to get to GPX.  

st2gpx has been dead for ten years or more.

RJL

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 2:21 AM, Bansaj Pradhan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to convert EST file to GPX.
I tried from GPS Babel GUI but the output is returning an empty GPX.
I tried from st2gpx CLI but it's returning me an error "System call returned error -1 Cannot open property file ......"


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Gpsbabel-misc mailing list http://www.gpsbabel.org
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, change list options, or see archives, visit:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gpsbabel-misc





------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Gpsbabel-misc mailing list http://www.gpsbabel.org
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, change list options, or see archives, visit:
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gpsbabel-misc
Loading...