Mac beta problem on launch

Greg-110
"Error reading format configuration. Check that the backend program "gpsbablel" is properly installed and is in the current PATH

This program cannot continue."

version 1.3.7 ß

Re: Mac beta problem on launch

Robert Lipe-2

Odd.  On Mac, we run the GPSBabel executable right from the bundle.   Do you perhaps have a corrupt download?

In finder show package contents,contents,macOS.  Run the gpsbabel program.  Do you get a Terminal with the help text?

On Jun 20, 2010 12:45 PM, "Greg" <[hidden email]> wrote:

"Error reading format configuration. Check that the backend program "gpsbablel" is properly installed and is in the current PATH

This program cannot continue."

version 1.3.7 ß

Re: Mac beta problem on launch

Greg-110
Yes.

Redownloaded worked.

Ahh, I found the problem. I didn't like the funky name (gpsbabelfe-bin) with no version number, so i had renamed it GPSBabel 1.37ß.app. That gives the error. Turns out if I leave the ß out it launches just fine. In other words GPSBabel 1.37.app launches. Very minor bug.

Thanks

On Jun 20, 2010, at 11:13 AM, Robert Lipe wrote:

Odd.  On Mac, we run the GPSBabel executable right from the bundle.   Do you perhaps have a corrupt download?

In finder show package contents,contents,macOS.  Run the gpsbabel program.  Do you get a Terminal with the help text?

On Jun 20, 2010 12:45 PM, "Greg" <[hidden email]> wrote:

"Error reading format configuration. Check that the backend program "gpsbablel" is properly installed and is in the current PATH

This program cannot continue."

version 1.3.7 ß

Re: Mac beta problem on launch

Robert Lipe-2

I've changed the mac bundle name to GPSBabelFE in the development builds.    A future version may integrate tighter an not need the two names.