Lost timestamps

Roger Firth
Hello,

I have a gpx file with timestamps in it. When I convert it to kml, the timestamps vanish.

I want to preserve them. What am I doing wrong please?

I am using GPSBabel 1.5.2 running under WinXP Pro SP3

The input and output files may be found here: http://1drv.ms/1JWM0MG

Roger.

Re: Lost timestamps

Robert Lipe-4
That KML wasn't written by us.  Perhaps this is a hint:

 <description><![CDATA[Generated by JGPSTrackEdit]]></des

When we do the conversion, there are definitely timestamps.

gpsbabel -i gpx -f ~/Downloads/mod01.gpx -o kml -F - | grep 2010- | wc -l
   27130

On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 9:15 AM, Roger Firth <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I have a gpx file with timestamps in it. When I convert it to kml, the timestamps vanish.

I want to preserve them. What am I doing wrong please?

I am using GPSBabel 1.5.2 running under WinXP Pro SP3

The input and output files may be found here: http://1drv.ms/1JWM0MG

Roger.

Re: Lost timestamps

GPSBabel did not create the KML you're showing us.  (I recognize our KML output like handwriting...) There are no timestamps in that KML.

I demonstrated that reading the GPX you showed us generates KML that contains 27,130 timestamps from 2010.

Please be precise (I loaded file A into GPSBabel with the following options and chose output O with options X) when requesting help.  You asked us to tell you what you were "doing wrong", but you've not described what you're actually doing.  Include screenshots if necessary.  Your goal should be fore any one of our several hundred members on this list perform the same steps and see the same thing and offer help.

On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 1:55 PM, Roger Firth <[hidden email]> wrote:
The gpx was output from, as you observe, JGPSTrackEdit, and contained timestamps. This was then input to Gpsbabel and the kml was output from it but the timestamps have vanished.

Roger

Sent from Samsung tablet