Locosys GW-52

Magnus Braide
Hi,
do you have any plans to make GPSBabel compatible with the new Locosys GPS logger GW-52?
It is supplied with a Windows application to store data on a computer but there is no Mac compatibility.
Best wishes
Magnus

Magnus Braide
Arsenalsgatan 8
41120 Göteborg
Tel: 0703-502880

Re: Locosys GW-52

Craig Bergh
 Hello Magnus,

The GW-60 can be connected to a computer by several methods.

The unit can be connected via a software COM PORT. However, only a Windows Driver exists at this time. The Windows driver can be found here:

At this time other Operating System are not supported by software drivers.

I use primarily Apple Computers, so I need another method of connecting and downloading files.

I have found it is faster and easier to connect the unit as a MASS STORAGE. It will appear as a USB storage device. This connection is friendly to Windows, Apple and other Operating Systems.

The file will be an sbp file. I have confirmed this sbp file is compatible with GPSBABEL.

For instructions for setting up the connection as a MASS STORAGE device, see the Quick Start Manual, Section 3, specifically Section 3.13. The Quick Start Manual can be downloaded from:

Craig