Quantcast

KML to GPX for Lightroom

Vick Lee
GPX file output by http://kml2gpx.com/ works perfectly fine in Adobe Lightroom. GPSBabel generated gpx file loads into Lightroom, but geotagging photos results in "No matching" error.

(Sample KML file attached. If it is not working then http://pastebin.com/CMTZsKyA)

Windows 10. GPSBabel 1.5.2

When comparing the difference between the two GPX files I noticed GPSBabel doesn't have the tag <name> for each <trkpt>

Also, trying to use filter option in GPSBabel I get this error:

trackfilter-init: Track points badly ordered (timestamp 2015-09-19T23:59:15.893Z > 2015-09-19T00:00:00.892Z)!

Error running gpsbabel: Process exited unsucessfully with code 1

Am I using GPSBabel incorrectly or is it a bug?

history-2015-12-12.kml (69K) Download Attachment

Re: KML to GPX for Lightroom

tsteven4-2
Your kml violates the schema for http://www.google.com/kml/ext/2.2.  However, I don't think this causing you a problem.

The gpx we produce is valid.  The name element is optional content for the trkpt element.

The trackfilter trouble appears to be a bug that we are about to release in 1.5.4!

I have no idea about any difficulty you have with Lightroom.

On 12/27/2015 8:52 AM, Vick Lee wrote:
GPX file output by http://kml2gpx.com/ works perfectly fine in Adobe Lightroom. GPSBabel generated gpx file loads into Lightroom, but geotagging photos results in "No matching" error.

(Sample KML file attached. If it is not working then http://pastebin.com/CMTZsKyA)

Windows 10. GPSBabel 1.5.2

When comparing the difference between the two GPX files I noticed GPSBabel doesn't have the tag <name> for each <trkpt>

Also, trying to use filter option in GPSBabel I get this error:

trackfilter-init: Track points badly ordered (timestamp 2015-09-19T23:59:15.893Z > 2015-09-19T00:00:00.892Z)!

Error running gpsbabel: Process exited unsucessfully with code 1

Am I using GPSBabel incorrectly or is it a bug?

h2.gpx (84K) Download Attachment

Re: KML to GPX for Lightroom

Vick Lee
Your attached gpx file worked in Lightroom. I was able to geotag photos.

Looks promising, I'll just have to wait for the next version to be released. Thanks.