Quantcast

IGC to KML: #track or #line

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

IGC to KML: #track or #line

Valerio Messina
hi,
try to post on -code list as -misc seems unread.

I had to convert a FAI .IGC file taken with the Flarm anticollision.
The attached example small track time is about 30', and source file is about
80 kB.
Compressed with 7zip 16.x

I use GPSBabel Version 1.5.3 with this output options:

gpsbabel.exe -i igc -f 2016-10-29_6ATXETK1.IGC -o kml,floating=1,extrude=1,
track=1,trackdirection=1,units=m -F 2016-10-29_6ATXETK1_1.5.3.kml

to keep the altitude absolute, draw an extrude down to terrain, and show
direction on path.

The conversion work well, but the resulting file has some trouble:

1) the resulting KML is as expected an XML, has an open tag and close tag for
each Placemark.
This generate a very big file, it this example is 3.8 MB.

2)
there are many #track-N (with N up to 12) composed of many placemark named
PRESALTTRK-NNN (up to 1819) with barometric altitude
there are many #track-N (with N up to 12) composed of many placemark named
GNSSALTTRK-NNN (up to 1819) with GPS altitude
The two paths are overlapping and redundant, often is preferable choose only
one, say filter one of the two.

Using and online service like:
http://cunimb.net/igc2kml.php
I got the "2016-10-29_6ATXETK1_online.kml" version, that has:
1) Waypoint saved as many "#line" of 500 coordinates, so no open/close tag in
between.
2) only GPS altitude (or barometric altitude) is kept.
This save lot of space and resulting file is 42 KB.

Removing some of gpsbabel conversion output options I can reduce a little the
output, but result is anyway an hundred size the online conversion.
I tried many options and filters combinations but I can't generate a small
file.

Is there a way to output the waypoint as a single #line (or many 500
coordinate #lines)?
Is there a way to select GPS or barometric altitude path?

thank you,
Valerio

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gpsbabel-code mailing list  http://www.gpsbabel.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gpsbabel-code

2016-10-29_6ATXETK1.7z (128K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: IGC to KML: #track or #line

tsteven4-2

You can select the track you want with the track filter.  You can get rid of the points with the points option.  This  results in a 50kb kml file that is similar to the online converter output.

gpsbabel -i igc -f 2016-10-29_6ATXETK1.IGC -x track,name=PRESALTTRK -o kml,points=0 -F x.kml


On 12/16/2016 8:08 AM, Valerio Messina wrote:
hi,
try to post on -code list as -misc seems unread.

I had to convert a FAI .IGC file taken with the Flarm anticollision.
The attached example small track time is about 30', and source file is about 
80 kB.
Compressed with 7zip 16.x

I use GPSBabel Version 1.5.3 with this output options:

gpsbabel.exe -i igc -f 2016-10-29_6ATXETK1.IGC -o kml,floating=1,extrude=1,
track=1,trackdirection=1,units=m -F 2016-10-29_6ATXETK1_1.5.3.kml

to keep the altitude absolute, draw an extrude down to terrain, and show 
direction on path.

The conversion work well, but the resulting file has some trouble:

1) the resulting KML is as expected an XML, has an open tag and close tag for 
each Placemark.
This generate a very big file, it this example is 3.8 MB.

2)
there are many #track-N (with N up to 12) composed of many placemark named 
PRESALTTRK-NNN (up to 1819) with barometric altitude
there are many #track-N (with N up to 12) composed of many placemark named 
GNSSALTTRK-NNN (up to 1819) with GPS altitude
The two paths are overlapping and redundant, often is preferable choose only 
one, say filter one of the two.

Using and online service like:
http://cunimb.net/igc2kml.php
I got the "2016-10-29_6ATXETK1_online.kml" version, that has:
1) Waypoint saved as many "#line" of 500 coordinates, so no open/close tag in 
between.
2) only GPS altitude (or barometric altitude) is kept.
This save lot of space and resulting file is 42 KB.

Removing some of gpsbabel conversion output options I can reduce a little the 
output, but result is anyway an hundred size the online conversion.
I tried many options and filters combinations but I can't generate a small 
file.

Is there a way to output the waypoint as a single #line (or many 500 
coordinate #lines)?
Is there a way to select GPS or barometric altitude path?

thank you,
Valerio


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most 
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot


_______________________________________________
Gpsbabel-code mailing list  http://www.gpsbabel.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gpsbabel-code


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gpsbabel-code mailing list  http://www.gpsbabel.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gpsbabel-code
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: IGC to KML: #track or #line

Valerio Messina
WOW, works well. Tested on Win7 and Ubuntu16.04 64 bit. Thank you.


I saw I need to correct height of my files with wgs84tomsl, then add
about 10 meters to fix GPS error (when first track point is at terrain
level, the last point back to start position is 10 meters below terrain).

I can't find syntax example showing how to combine
-x track,name="GNSSALTTRK"
with
-x height,wgs84tomsl
and maybe
-x height,add=+10
or
-x track,course,speed
?

After wgs84 correction, when in the original points the height was
missing, the resulting height is something like
-100000046.06
In those cases using only
-x height,add=+10
result is something like:
-99999989.00
Require a fix. I will try to do that.
In the meantime this can easily workaround-ed with
-x discard,elemin=0

When the ground projection is activated with KML:
-o kml,floating=1,extrude=1
the XML tag is repeated twice for each point:
               <extrude>1</extrude>
               <extrude>1</extrude>
Require a fix. I will try to do that.

The GUI store last used options for next execution, this is very
comfortable.
As now many advanced CLI options are not selectable with the GUI.
Would be a nice add, a text entry widget for Filters, like the one for
Input and Output file format Options, but editable, so users can
manually add other CLI options not currently available with the GUI.
Input and Output file format Options text entry widget switched to
editable for the same reason.
I'm not able to do that, to much complicate

thank you,
Valerio



On 18/12/2016 16:29, tsteven4 wrote:
> You can select the track you want with the track filter.  You can get
> rid of the points with the points option.  This  results in a 50kb kml
> file that is similar to the online converter output.
>
> gpsbabel -i igc -f 2016-10-29_6ATXETK1.IGC -x track,name=PRESALTTRK -o
> kml,points=0 -F x.kml


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gpsbabel-code mailing list  http://www.gpsbabel.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gpsbabel-code
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: IGC to KML: #track or #line

tsteven4-2
Valerio,

Invoke each filter with -x filtername.  Follow each filtername with a
comma separated list of options for that filter.

-x track,name="GNSSALTTRK",course,speed -x height,wgs84tomsl,add=+10

I fixed the height bug you pointed out in
https://github.com/gpsbabel/gpsbabel/commit/1f5c461064ccf009114326848f1a8f5ae259768c

The repeated extrude element bug you reported is part of a bigger issue
with geometryElements.  They are required to be in a specific order and
we violate that requirement.  I can fix all those at once.

Steve

On 12/18/2016 3:51 PM, Valerio Messina wrote:

> WOW, works well. Tested on Win7 and Ubuntu16.04 64 bit. Thank you.
>
>
> I saw I need to correct height of my files with wgs84tomsl, then add
> about 10 meters to fix GPS error (when first track point is at terrain
> level, the last point back to start position is 10 meters below terrain).
>
> I can't find syntax example showing how to combine
> -x track,name="GNSSALTTRK"
> with
> -x height,wgs84tomsl
> and maybe
> -x height,add=+10
> or
> -x track,course,speed
> ?
>
> After wgs84 correction, when in the original points the height was
> missing, the resulting height is something like
> -100000046.06
> In those cases using only
> -x height,add=+10
> result is something like:
> -99999989.00
> Require a fix. I will try to do that.
> In the meantime this can easily workaround-ed with
> -x discard,elemin=0
>
> When the ground projection is activated with KML:
> -o kml,floating=1,extrude=1
> the XML tag is repeated twice for each point:
>                 <extrude>1</extrude>
>                 <extrude>1</extrude>
> Require a fix. I will try to do that.
>
> The GUI store last used options for next execution, this is very
> comfortable.
> As now many advanced CLI options are not selectable with the GUI.
> Would be a nice add, a text entry widget for Filters, like the one for
> Input and Output file format Options, but editable, so users can
> manually add other CLI options not currently available with the GUI.
> Input and Output file format Options text entry widget switched to
> editable for the same reason.
> I'm not able to do that, to much complicate
>
> thank you,
> Valerio
>
>
>
> On 18/12/2016 16:29, tsteven4 wrote:
>> You can select the track you want with the track filter.  You can get
>> rid of the points with the points option.  This  results in a 50kb kml
>> file that is similar to the online converter output.
>>
>> gpsbabel -i igc -f 2016-10-29_6ATXETK1.IGC -x track,name=PRESALTTRK -o
>> kml,points=0 -F x.kml
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
> _______________________________________________
> Gpsbabel-code mailing list  http://www.gpsbabel.org
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gpsbabel-code


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gpsbabel-code mailing list  http://www.gpsbabel.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gpsbabel-code
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: IGC to KML: #track or #line

tsteven4-2
Valerio,

The extrude element bug is fixed in
https://github.com/gpsbabel/gpsbabel/commit/110adaff7045336a105f7c0900b18828aea527b3

Thanks for pointing out the bugs.

Steve

On 12/18/2016 4:41 PM, tsteven4 wrote:

> Valerio,
>
> Invoke each filter with -x filtername.  Follow each filtername with a
> comma separated list of options for that filter.
>
> -x track,name="GNSSALTTRK",course,speed -x height,wgs84tomsl,add=+10
>
> I fixed the height bug you pointed out in
> https://github.com/gpsbabel/gpsbabel/commit/1f5c461064ccf009114326848f1a8f5ae259768c
>
> The repeated extrude element bug you reported is part of a bigger
> issue with geometryElements.  They are required to be in a specific
> order and we violate that requirement.  I can fix all those at once.
>
> Steve
>
> On 12/18/2016 3:51 PM, Valerio Messina wrote:
>> WOW, works well. Tested on Win7 and Ubuntu16.04 64 bit. Thank you.
>>
>>
>> I saw I need to correct height of my files with wgs84tomsl, then add
>> about 10 meters to fix GPS error (when first track point is at terrain
>> level, the last point back to start position is 10 meters below
>> terrain).
>>
>> I can't find syntax example showing how to combine
>> -x track,name="GNSSALTTRK"
>> with
>> -x height,wgs84tomsl
>> and maybe
>> -x height,add=+10
>> or
>> -x track,course,speed
>> ?
>>
>> After wgs84 correction, when in the original points the height was
>> missing, the resulting height is something like
>> -100000046.06
>> In those cases using only
>> -x height,add=+10
>> result is something like:
>> -99999989.00
>> Require a fix. I will try to do that.
>> In the meantime this can easily workaround-ed with
>> -x discard,elemin=0
>>
>> When the ground projection is activated with KML:
>> -o kml,floating=1,extrude=1
>> the XML tag is repeated twice for each point:
>>                 <extrude>1</extrude>
>>                 <extrude>1</extrude>
>> Require a fix. I will try to do that.
>>
>> The GUI store last used options for next execution, this is very
>> comfortable.
>> As now many advanced CLI options are not selectable with the GUI.
>> Would be a nice add, a text entry widget for Filters, like the one for
>> Input and Output file format Options, but editable, so users can
>> manually add other CLI options not currently available with the GUI.
>> Input and Output file format Options text entry widget switched to
>> editable for the same reason.
>> I'm not able to do that, to much complicate
>>
>> thank you,
>> Valerio
>>
>>
>>
>> On 18/12/2016 16:29, tsteven4 wrote:
>>> You can select the track you want with the track filter.  You can get
>>> rid of the points with the points option.  This  results in a 50kb kml
>>> file that is similar to the online converter output.
>>>
>>> gpsbabel -i igc -f 2016-10-29_6ATXETK1.IGC -x track,name=PRESALTTRK -o
>>> kml,points=0 -F x.kml
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
>> engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
>> _______________________________________________
>> Gpsbabel-code mailing list  http://www.gpsbabel.org
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gpsbabel-code
>


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gpsbabel-code mailing list  http://www.gpsbabel.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gpsbabel-code
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: IGC to KML: #track or #line

Valerio Messina
In reply to this post by Valerio Messina
wow, very fast, surely fastest than me.
I will try on my platforms, for Win7 will try to cross-compile or use Cygwin64

Remember the web site page:
https://www.gpsbabel.org/news/gpsbabel-1.5.3.html
showing 1.5.2 news.

What about improving the GUI with editable text field?

Valerio


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gpsbabel-code mailing list  http://www.gpsbabel.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gpsbabel-code
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: IGC to KML: #track or #line

Valerio Messina
In reply to this post by Valerio Messina
>----Messaggio originale----
>Da: "Valerio Messina" <[hidden email]>
>Data: 19/12/2016 9.26
>
>I will try on my platforms, for Win7 will try to cross-compile or use
Cygwin64

I tested the git sources on Win7 and Ubuntu 14.04, and solved both bugs.

The "gpsbabelfe-bin.exe" is generated on Cygwin64 (after export QT_VERSION=5),
but seems not work very well.
The dialog box are very slow to open, and paths of file hierarchy are in Unix
style.

Do you use mingw (32 or 64) to build for Win target, right?
Do you use native compilation or cross-compile from Linux?

thank you,
Valerio


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
Training and support from Colfax.
Order your platform today.http://sdm.link/intel
_______________________________________________
Gpsbabel-code mailing list  http://www.gpsbabel.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gpsbabel-code
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: IGC to KML: #track or #line

tsteven4-2
Valerio,

Gmail is classifying all your mails as spam.

I am glad the fixes resolved your bugs.

I gave up on cygwin long ago, a linux virtual machine under virtual box
works much better for me.  I don't think all the bits for the cross
compilation are in the repository for ubuntu trusty LTS, although you
could gather them up yourself.  I build the windows executables with a
cross compiler on centos 7.   For centos a bunch of the bits are in the
epel repository.  The trick to cross compiling is gathering up all the
bits you need to transfer to windows.

On CentOS 7, after installing the appropriate bits, you can configure with:

./configure --host=i686-w64-mingw32

or

./configure --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32

I think Robert may build the official releases for windows with a native
compiler, but I don't do that and I can't tell you how to do it.

Thanks for your report on the release note issue, however I hope we
avoid that issue by creating a new release.  However, I don't have any
idea when Robert can do a new release.

In general the GUI is driven by queries to the command line version to
see what formats & options are supported, but the filters appear to be
manual.  Enhancements to the GUI need a volunteer to submit pull requests.

Steve


On 12/19/2016 10:37 AM, Valerio Messina wrote:

>> ----Messaggio originale----
>> Da: "Valerio Messina" <[hidden email]>
>> Data: 19/12/2016 9.26
>>
>> I will try on my platforms, for Win7 will try to cross-compile or use
> Cygwin64
>
> I tested the git sources on Win7 and Ubuntu 14.04, and solved both bugs.
>
> The "gpsbabelfe-bin.exe" is generated on Cygwin64 (after export QT_VERSION=5),
> but seems not work very well.
> The dialog box are very slow to open, and paths of file hierarchy are in Unix
> style.
>
> Do you use mingw (32 or 64) to build for Win target, right?
> Do you use native compilation or cross-compile from Linux?
>
> thank you,
> Valerio
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
> Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
> With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
> Training and support from Colfax.
> Order your platform today.http://sdm.link/intel
> _______________________________________________
> Gpsbabel-code mailing list  http://www.gpsbabel.org
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gpsbabel-code


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
Training and support from Colfax.
Order your platform today.http://sdm.link/intel
_______________________________________________
Gpsbabel-code mailing list  http://www.gpsbabel.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gpsbabel-code
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: IGC to KML: #track or #line

Valerio Messina
just tested on Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit and also here, both fixes work well.

Exporting QT_SELECT=5, at the end of "make gui", I got this error:

efa@02cor2130:~/c/gpsbabel$ make gui
cd gui ; qmake app.pro && make
make[1]: ingresso nella directory "/home/efa/c/gpsbabel/gui"
...
make[1]: uscita dalla directory "/home/efa/c/gpsbabel/gui"
cd gui ; lupdate app.pro
lupdate: could not exec '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/lupdate': No
such file or directory
Makefile:390: set di istruzioni per l'obiettivo "gui" non riuscito
make: *** [gui] Errore 1

and infact:

efa@02cor2130:~/c/gpsbabel$ lupdate
lupdate: could not exec '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/lupdate': No
such file or directory

but the executable in:
gpsbabel/gui/objects/gpsbabelfe-bin
work well.

efa@02cor2130:~/c/gpsbabel$ which lupdate
/usr/bin/lupdate
efa@02cor2130:~/c/gpsbabel$ file /usr/bin/lupdate
/usr/bin/lupdate: symbolic link to qtchooser

I had those packages related to lupdate installed:
pyqt5-dev-tools
pyside-tools    # development tools for PySide (uic, rcc, lupdate)

Valerio


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
Training and support from Colfax.
Order your platform today.http://sdm.link/intel
_______________________________________________
Gpsbabel-code mailing list  http://www.gpsbabel.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gpsbabel-code
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: IGC to KML: #track or #line

tsteven4-2
do you have the appropriate package installed?  For qt 5 it looks like
qttools5-dev-tools.

http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?searchon=contents&keywords=lupdate&mode=exactfilename&suite=xenial&arch=any


On 12/19/2016 5:15 PM, Valerio Messina wrote:

> just tested on Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit and also here, both fixes work well.
>
> Exporting QT_SELECT=5, at the end of "make gui", I got this error:
>
> efa@02cor2130:~/c/gpsbabel$ make gui
> cd gui ; qmake app.pro && make
> make[1]: ingresso nella directory "/home/efa/c/gpsbabel/gui"
> ...
> make[1]: uscita dalla directory "/home/efa/c/gpsbabel/gui"
> cd gui ; lupdate app.pro
> lupdate: could not exec '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/lupdate': No
> such file or directory
> Makefile:390: set di istruzioni per l'obiettivo "gui" non riuscito
> make: *** [gui] Errore 1
>
> and infact:
>
> efa@02cor2130:~/c/gpsbabel$ lupdate
> lupdate: could not exec '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/lupdate': No
> such file or directory
>
> but the executable in:
> gpsbabel/gui/objects/gpsbabelfe-bin
> work well.
>
> efa@02cor2130:~/c/gpsbabel$ which lupdate
> /usr/bin/lupdate
> efa@02cor2130:~/c/gpsbabel$ file /usr/bin/lupdate
> /usr/bin/lupdate: symbolic link to qtchooser
>
> I had those packages related to lupdate installed:
> pyqt5-dev-tools
> pyside-tools    # development tools for PySide (uic, rcc, lupdate)
>
> Valerio
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
> Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
> With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
> Training and support from Colfax.
> Order your platform today.http://sdm.link/intel
> _______________________________________________
> Gpsbabel-code mailing list  http://www.gpsbabel.org
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gpsbabel-code


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
Training and support from Colfax.
Order your platform today.http://sdm.link/intel
_______________________________________________
Gpsbabel-code mailing list  http://www.gpsbabel.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gpsbabel-code
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: IGC to KML: #track or #line

Valerio Messina
On 20/12/2016 01:55, tsteven4 wrote:
> do you have the appropriate package installed?  For qt 5 it looks like
> qttools5-dev-tools.
>
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?searchon=contents&keywords=lupdate&mode=exactfilename&suite=xenial&arch=any

this solve this issue too

Unfortunately I'm not able to enhance the GUI, I will try ask a friend

thank you,
Valerio


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
Training and support from Colfax.
Order your platform today.http://sdm.link/intel
_______________________________________________
Gpsbabel-code mailing list  http://www.gpsbabel.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gpsbabel-code
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: IGC to KML: #track or #line

Robert Lipe-4
In reply to this post by tsteven4-2
Nice fixes, Steven. 

The altitude of -9999999.00 meters is used when we don't have a valid altitude. (I have a patch somewhere that changes that from a double with a "bogus" value to an actual data type with an out-of-band "valid" bit.)


This conversation looks one-sided because iol.it is saying that Valerio's messages are invalid:

RCVD_IN_DNSWL_NONE RBL: Sender listed at http://www.dnswl.org/, no trust [212.48.25.210 listed in list.dnswl.org] -1.5 SPF_CHECK_PASS SPF reports sender host as permitted sender for sender-domain 0.0 FREEMAIL_FROM Sender email is commonly abused enduser mail provider (efa[at]iol.it) -0.0 SPF_HELO_PASS
          SPF: HELO matches SPF record -0.0 SPF_PASS
               SPF: sender matches SPF record -0.1 DKIM_VALID_AU Message has a valid DKIM or DK signature from author's domain 0.1 DKIM_SIGNED
            Message has a DKIM or DK signature, not necessarily valid -0.1 DKIM_VALID Message has at least one valid DKIM or DK signature 0.1 AWL AWL: Adjusted score from AWL reputation of From: address

The mailing list (and gmail) are taking this and a few other inputs and treating your messages as forgeries, so you should probably look into that.

This conversation may have just saved the IGC format. We'd had no indication that it had been used in many years and that code is, well, weird.

We're unlikely to add a scripting language and edtior in the GUI. We work well with the OS'es existing shell/batch/cmd scripting tools.

I have some travel coming up, but I'm hoping to put out a maintenance release between the holidays.

RJL




On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 6:55 PM, tsteven4 <[hidden email]> wrote:
do you have the appropriate package installed?  For qt 5 it looks like
qttools5-dev-tools.

http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?searchon=contents&keywords=lupdate&mode=exactfilename&suite=xenial&arch=any


On 12/19/2016 5:15 PM, Valerio Messina wrote:
> just tested on Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit and also here, both fixes work well.
>
> Exporting QT_SELECT=5, at the end of "make gui", I got this error:
>
> efa@02cor2130:~/c/gpsbabel$ make gui
> cd gui ; qmake app.pro && make
> make[1]: ingresso nella directory "/home/efa/c/gpsbabel/gui"
> ...
> make[1]: uscita dalla directory "/home/efa/c/gpsbabel/gui"
> cd gui ; lupdate app.pro
> lupdate: could not exec '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/lupdate': No
> such file or directory
> Makefile:390: set di istruzioni per l'obiettivo "gui" non riuscito
> make: *** [gui] Errore 1
>
> and infact:
>
> efa@02cor2130:~/c/gpsbabel$ lupdate
> lupdate: could not exec '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/lupdate': No
> such file or directory
>
> but the executable in:
> gpsbabel/gui/objects/gpsbabelfe-bin
> work well.
>
> efa@02cor2130:~/c/gpsbabel$ which lupdate
> /usr/bin/lupdate
> efa@02cor2130:~/c/gpsbabel$ file /usr/bin/lupdate
> /usr/bin/lupdate: symbolic link to qtchooser
>
> I had those packages related to lupdate installed:
> pyqt5-dev-tools
> pyside-tools    # development tools for PySide (uic, rcc, lupdate)
>
> Valerio
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
> Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
> With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
> Training and support from Colfax.
> Order your platform today.http://sdm.link/intel
> _______________________________________________
> Gpsbabel-code mailing list  http://www.gpsbabel.org
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gpsbabel-code


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
Training and support from Colfax.
Order your platform today.http://sdm.link/intel
_______________________________________________
Gpsbabel-code mailing list  http://www.gpsbabel.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gpsbabel-code


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
Training and support from Colfax.
Order your platform today.http://sdm.link/intel
_______________________________________________
Gpsbabel-code mailing list  http://www.gpsbabel.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gpsbabel-code
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: IGC to KML: #track or #line

Valerio Messina
In reply to this post by Valerio Messina
----Messaggio originale----
Da: "Robert Lipe" <[hidden email]>
Data: 20/12/2016 18.29

> This conversation looks one-sided because iol.it is saying that
> Valerio's messages are invalid: RCVD_IN_DNSWL_NONE RBL: Sender listed
> at http://www.dnswl.org/, no trust [212.48.25.210 listed in
> list.dnswl.org] -1.5 SPF_CHECK_PASS SPF reports

here the conversation is received 5 of 5.
SPF is the, relatively new, antispam protocol, that some provider use to avoid
source email forgery.
Some provider require a SPF marking and reject (mark as spam) all email that
do not come from a provider thar use it.
All my friend with Google accont got my email marked so.

As I know there is no rule say SFP is mandatory, so probably Google is out of
compliance.

Anyway this is not something I can change, this depend on the privider.
The only thing I can do is to send all my email from [hidden email]
a thing I do not want as now.


> This conversation may have just saved the IGC format. We'd had no
> indication that it had been used in many years and that code is,
> well, weird.

with

I think the two online converter for gliders, internally use gpsbabel.
Gliders use proprietary software like SeeYou to post briefing flights. Those
are Windows only software.
So please keep it.
I'm not sure which other parameters are stored in IGC file format, and maybe
as now, I do not convert to KML, but surely a good overview can be seen with
cross-platform Google Earth.


> We're unlikely to add a scripting language and edtior in the GUI. We
> work well with the OS'es existing shell/batch/cmd scripting tools.

I also prefer bash for everything, but I ask a simple editable text box so
other aeroclub users (not accustomed by the CLI) can add one or two filters or
output options not supported by the GUI.

thank you,
Valerio


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Developer Access Program for Intel Xeon Phi Processors
Access to Intel Xeon Phi processor-based developer platforms.
With one year of Intel Parallel Studio XE.
Training and support from Colfax.
Order your platform today.http://sdm.link/intel
_______________________________________________
Gpsbabel-code mailing list  http://www.gpsbabel.org
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gpsbabel-code
Loading...