Garmin USB prob

Stephen Furner
When using Gebabbel to download tracks from a Garmin GPSMAP96 I am receiving the error message:

"The original error message reported by gpsbabel was: Claim interfaced failed: could not claim interface 0: Operation not permitted"

My OS is Ubuntu 14.04 LTS running on a Samsung N150 plus.

The GPS shows that it is connected to the PC and recognises it has a network connection.

Any ideas about what might be the cause and what needs to done to download the track data from the GPS?

Many thanks for any thoughts or comments.

SMF

Re: Garmin USB prob

Robert Lipe-4
gebebbel is someone else's product.