Quantcast

GUI access to serial device on USB bus /dev/ttyACM0

GUI access to serial device on USB bus /dev/ttyACM0

John Russell
I'm running gpsbabel 1.5.0-3ubuntu1 on Ubuntu 15.10 x64.

Many serial devices, including my Qstarz BT-1000 MTK logger and my Garmin Edge 500, use the /dev/ttyACM0 bus for USB access.

I can access these devices from gpsbabel's command line on /dev/ttyACM0; the GUI lists them in the 'Input' field but the GUI's 'Device Name' field lists:
  • /dev/ttyS0
  • /dev/ttyS1
  • /dev/ttyS2
  • /dev/ttyS3
  • /dev/ttyUSB0
  • /dev/rfcomm0
How can I add /dev/ttyACM0 to the GUI's list of Device Names?