GPSBabel quits unexpectedly - but repeatedly.

GPSBabel quits unexpectedly - but repeatedly.

Peter Shepheard
I am in desperate need of some help please.

I have suddenly found that GPSBabel crashes when I am part way through the procedure to reduce the number of points on a gpx track.
The tracks come from Ordnance Survey’s OS MapFinder app on an iPad mini.  The strange thing is that tracks on which I have previously carried out the same process are also crashing now.  The tracks have some 8,000 or so points recorded and all are reasonably positioned when viewed using GPX Reader.

I am using an iMac with Yosemite 10.10.2

I open the file

Go to the Filters screen, select routes and tracks

Press OK

GPS Babel crashes with the message GPSBabelIFE quit unexpectedly.  This has happened at least ten times in the last few days, with different files.  As I mention above some have been changed successfully in the past but these also crash now.

The problem details are then presented but I am afraid they mean nothing to me.
I would appreciate any help that anyone can provide.
I have been using this same process for years and have no idea as to why it is no longer working.

Many thanks

Peter

Screen Shot 2015-04-03 at 20.26.47.png (74K) Download Attachment
Screen Shot 2015-04-03 at 20.27.10.png (36K) Download Attachment
Babel crash report Spet.rtf (67K) Download Attachment

Re: GPSBabel quits unexpectedly - but repeatedly.

tsteven4-2
Peter,
can you provide a test case, e.g. the input file you were trying to simplify?