Quantcast

GPSBabel not compatible with Garmin Epix FIT files

GPSBabel not compatible with Garmin Epix FIT files

svrider
Hi, I have tried to convert to GPX a FIT file generated by the new Garmin Epix watch, using GPSBabel 1.5.2. I obtained the following message : gpsbabel -t -i garmin_fit -f D:/IGN/Utils/GPSBabel/fit/way.fit -o gpx -F "D:/IGN/Utils/GPSBabel/fit/way.gpx" fit: Bad field size in data message Error running gpsbabel: Process exited unsucessfully with code 1 Here is the FIT file : way.fit Any solution ? Thanks

Re: GPSBabel not compatible with Garmin Epix FIT files

P. Borgentun
Hi,
I have a very similar problem with my Garmin Vivoactive.
I thought this was a bug in the watch but Garmin seems to have another interpretation of the FIT datafornat, see the following post to garmin forum

 I'm still running an old 1.4 branch so I wont be able to create a patch for this.

Regards
devlin

On Sunday, May 31, 2015 12:53 PM, svrider <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi, I have tried to convert to GPX a FIT file generated by the new Garmin Epix watch, using GPSBabel 1.5.2. I obtained the following message : gpsbabel -t -i garmin_fit -f D:/IGN/Utils/GPSBabel/fit/way.fit -o gpx -F "D:/IGN/Utils/GPSBabel/fit/way.gpx" fit: Bad field size in data message Error running gpsbabel: Process exited unsucessfully with code 1 Here is the FIT file : way.fit Any solution ? Thanks

Sent from the GPSBabel - Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: GPSBabel not compatible with Garmin Epix FIT files

This is a problem with our garmin_fit reader.  Thanks for reporting it.

On 5/31/2015 4:33 AM, svrider wrote:
Hi, I have tried to convert to GPX a FIT file generated by the new Garmin Epix watch, using GPSBabel 1.5.2. I obtained the following message : gpsbabel -t -i garmin_fit -f D:/IGN/Utils/GPSBabel/fit/way.fit -o gpx -F "D:/IGN/Utils/GPSBabel/fit/way.gpx" fit: Bad field size in data message Error running gpsbabel: Process exited unsucessfully with code 1 Here is the FIT file : way.fit Any solution ? Thanks

Sent from the GPSBabel - Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: GPSBabel not compatible with Garmin Epix FIT files

svrider
Thank you !
I have compiled GPSBabel with your modified file, and now the FIT to GPS conversion is OK