Quantcast

Fwd: Cutting up a big GPX file and "simplify" each chunk and merging them.

Fwd: Cutting up a big GPX file and "simplify" each chunk and merging them.

Bharath MG
Hey guys,

GpsBabel is a wonderful library for all GPS operations. I've used it to "simplify" a long GPX route to just 50 points which is giving almost similar routes.

But, what if I want to cut up my very big GPX file with more than 1,00,000 points into few chunks and then simplify each of them by 50 points, and then I would want to "merge" all the 50 points routes into one route.

Will this be possible? Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Bharath MG.

Re: Fwd: Cutting up a big GPX file and "simplify" each chunk and merging them.

Robert Lipe-4
Welcome.

We can convert tracks to routes and we can split and merge tracks, and we can reduce the number of points in routes.   The answer to "will this be possible" is probably "yes".  Without a lot more detail as to what you're actually trying to accomplish, it's unlikely that any of us will be able to provide a precise recipe for doing so.

RJL