Fw: kml to gpx or delorme gpl conversion

bw

Fw: kml to gpx or delorme gpl conversion

bw
hi all,

   I use gpsbabel quite a bit to replay cap training flights, converting the gpx files from the gps to delorme gpl files.

   I have recently started using an ipad app called foreflight, which can export a gpx or kml file. I can convert the gpx file ok, but it has to go through some cloud site first, to get converted to gpx. when I try to convert a kml file directly to either a gpx or a delorme gpl file, I do not get any track points. I tell it to get at least 2000 points from the kml file. I started with a default value of 0, understanding that this meant get all of them, but that didn’t work.

   I have tried getting the latest version, but seem to have trouble getting it installed under the recently installed windows 7. gpsbabel is running on a small hp laptop, small enough to not be able to run windows 10.

   for a gpx file, all I get is this. I can not see any filtering option that would keep me from getting track points. the stratus/foreflight combination (stratus is the gps) collects 3 samples every 2 seconds.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<gpx version="1.0" creator="GPSBabel - http://www.gpsbabel.org%22/ xmlns="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/0">

  <time>2015-11-03T17:57:19.568Z</time>

  <bounds minlat="31.150953000" minlon="-81.384135000" maxlat="31.150953000" maxlon="-81.384135000"/>

  <wpt lat="31.150953000" lon="-81.384135000">

    <ele>4.000000</ele>

    <name>Start</name>

    <cmt>Start</cmt>

    <desc>Start</desc>

  </wpt>

</gpx>

   is there some switch I should be setting?

thanks,

bill

Re: Fw: kml to gpx or delorme gpl conversion

Robert Lipe-4
WIthout the KML and the command flags, like I asked you for, there's really nothing actionable here as we can't reproduce.

For example, you talk not being on the latest (the latest GPSBabel, I presume) if your input KML is using gx:Track and you're using anything BUT the latest, 1.5.2, we can't read it.

https://www.gpsbabel.org/changes.html