Format Syntaxes

JB Lewis
Are there syntax definitions for the numerous CSV formats?  more often than not I'm given sets of coordinates in no particular format, and knowing what all the different csv formats give and take would be helpful.

Thanks!

Re: Format Syntaxes

Robert Lipe
JB Lewis wrote:

> Are there syntax definitions for the numerous CSV formats? more often
> than not I'm given sets of coordinates in no particular format, and
> knowing what all the different csv formats give and take would be
> helpful.

The various formats are defined by the vendors.

If you're trying to "reverse fit" a format, it can be helpful to roam
the definitions in the style directory in the source (also available as
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/gpsbabel/gpsbabel/style/ ) to see
if you can find a match.

In most cases I can look at the file and write my own definition faster
than I can figure out "this one is sorta like that one only with those
two fields flipped and another added" because I then end up writing my
own definition anyway.

--
Support GPSBabel by helping to improve it or fund those that that have
done so.  Visit:

        http://sourceforge.net/donate/index.php?group_id=58972