Quantcast

Fix segmentation fault when reading a track from a miniHomer

Fix segmentation fault when reading a track from a miniHomer

Konrad Gräfe
Hi,

I got a new miniHomer device and noticed that gpsbabel crashes when I
try to download my GPS tracks from the device. This happened on both
Windows and Linux. I further investigated the problem and found that
'opt_set_location' and 'opt_configure_logging' are set to NULL by
default to indicate that the options are not given. However, in
'skytraq_read()' they will be checked for emptiness instead of nullness
and thus dereferenced.

I attached a patch to fix this.

Since I would like to use my patched version on Windows: is there any
documentation for how to build gpsbabel for Windows?

Regards,
Konrad Gräfe

gpsbabel-1.5.2_fix_minihomer_segfault.patch (550 bytes) Download Attachment
SRE

Re: Fix segmentation fault when reading a track from a miniHomer

SRE
At 11:50 PM 4/22/2015, Konrad Gräfe wrote:
>Since I would like to use my patched version on Windows: is there any
>documentation for how to build gpsbabel for Windows?

Robert posted my cookbook here:
        http://www.gpsbabel.org/tips/Windows_build.html
There may be a link to this page somewhere, but not on the "build from source" page.

That's a native Windoze build, starting from scratch, not in a 'nix environment.
It's painful, but it's possible and it works!

Re: Fix segmentation fault when reading a track from a miniHomer

Konrad Gräfe
Hi Steve,

thank you. That helped me a lot. However, I had to add another patch to
fix a missing semicolon. (See attached file.)

Regards,
Kornad Gräfe

Am Fr, 24.04.2015 um 20:58 schrieb SRE:

> At 11:50 PM 4/22/2015, Konrad Gräfe wrote:
>> Since I would like to use my patched version on Windows: is there any
>> documentation for how to build gpsbabel for Windows?
>
> Robert posted my cookbook here:
>         http://www.gpsbabel.org/tips/Windows_build.html
> There may be a link to this page somewhere, but not on the "build from source" page.
>
> That's a native Windoze build, starting from scratch, not in a 'nix environment.
> It's painful, but it's possible and it works!
>
> Steve

gpsbable_svn4987_fix_mingw_compile_error.patch (348 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Fix segmentation fault when reading a track from a miniHomer

Robert Lipe-4
Thanx.  Applied.