First time user problem

dacannon@earthlink.net

First time using GPSBabel and have a problem.

Did a conversion of Garmin GPX file to a KML file. "Translation successful" but now I can't find it in my Windows XP system.
Where did it go?

The GPSBabel response was:

gpsbabel -w -r -t -i gpx -f C:/Documents and Settings/Dave Cannon/My Documents/My Maps/Garmin Maps/2014 Cougar Buttes.gpx -o kml,lines=0,points=0,trackdata=0,labels=0 -F 2014 Cougar Buttes.kml

Translation successful

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP,

Dave Cannon

Re: First time user problem

tsteven4-2
Dave,

If you right click on the GPSBabel icon and bring up properties, it will say something like
Start in: "C:\Program Files (x86)\GPSBabel".

This would be where relative paths would be referenced to, but modern versions of windows don't want you to write here and seem to magically put your data someplace like
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\GPSBabel
This remapping is not something we do, it is part of Windows.

If you are patient you can search for your file in windows explorer to learn where it was remapped to.

Steve

http://p.sf.net/sfu/NeoTech