Excel to GPX?

bwatkins
   I have old numbers written down.  Need to get them into GPX.  Can I put them in excel and move them into GPX using babel?  If not, what is the best way?

Re: Excel to GPX?

Robert Lipe-4
Put them into a text file with column headers and separated by commas. Feed them to our 'unicsv' format described as http://www.gpsbabel.org/htmldoc-development/fmt_unicsv.html. Write GPX.   See that page for examples of what the file should look like, column headers, etc.

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 10:05 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
   I have old numbers written down.  Need to get them into GPX.  Can I put them in excel and move them into GPX using babel?  If not, what is the best way?

Re: Excel to GPX?

Gary Turner-6
One way to get them into the text file you need is by adding another sheet that has the header line, and references to the values in the original sheet (e.g. =Sheet1!A1)
You can then use 'save as'  to save the second sheet as csv, with a comma separator.