Error on Mac OS X with Holux M-241: "mtk_logger: Can't create temporary file data.bin"

Error on Mac OS X with Holux M-241: "mtk_logger: Can't create temporary file data.bin"

Jeff B
Hi,

I am having trouble downloading track points from my Holux M-241 on Mac OS X 10.9 using GPSBabelFE 1.5.1.

Normally, I get this in the log section of the UI:

    gpsbabel -t -i m241 -f /dev/cu.SLAB_USBtoUART -o gpx -F /Users/jeff/Desktop/untitledfolder/test.gpx

    mtk_logger: Can't create temporary file data.bin

    Error running gpsbabel: Process exited unsucessfully with code 1

After following the advice in http://sourceforge.net/p/gpsbabel/mailman/message/32617119/, I tried putting the application on my desktop instead of in the Application folder.  That sort of works

(data.bin gets created in the same directory as the program), but only if I copy a fresh copy of the program from the dmg.  Unfortunately, this solution breaks easily, if I try to launch the program from an alias or do anything to try to put it in a normal place, I will resume getting the error and it won't go away until I get a fresh copy of the program.

Would it be possible for someone to create a fixed version of GPSBabelFE that resolves this issue?  Specifically, could it write data.bin to a temporary directory or the same directory you're trying to save to, and then clean up the file when done?

Thanks,

Jeff